Top destinations with low cost tickets
Condor is a German based no-frills airline that operates on a global level. Condor was formally knows as Thomas Cook Airlines. It services destinations in the Mediterranean, Asia, Africa, North America, and the Caribbean. Its main airport is in Frankfurt, giving it easy access to all of Western Europe.
- IATA code: DE
- Number of serviced cities: 67
- Main hub: Frankfurt Am Main Airport (FRA)
- Fleet: 17 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Miles & More
History of Condor
Condor was founded in December of 1955 as Deutsche Flugdienst GmbH with the collaboration of four partners, one of which was Lufthansa. It was based out of Frankfurt am Main Airport. At the time the fleet consisted of only 3 aircraft, each with a maximum seating of 36. The first tourist flight went from Frankfurt to “the Holy Land” and then started picking up routes to other holiday destinations like Mallorca and the Canary Islands. In 1962, Mallorca was the destination of choice, as Condor transported 18,400 passengers there that year. The first long-haul flights for this airline were to Thailand, Sri Lanka, Kenya, and the Dominican Republic.
In 1973 Condor was the leading leisure airline in the world, operating 14 Boeing aircraft. It was the first airline to introduce a separate class into the aircraft, Condor Comfort Class in the early 1990s. In 2002, the airline began a partnership with Thomas Cook, applying the Thomas Cook logo on the planes and offering discount prices on long-haul flights. Upgrading some of their fleet to the Airbus and celebrating their 50th anniversary, Condor redesigns its comfort class with more leg room and in-flight catering and other extras. With a few recent adjustments to the Boeings in the fleet, Condor has reduced its noise emissions, fuel consumptions, and CO2 emissions.
Travel with Condor: practical information
- Meals: Even on short haul flights there is food served, either a small lunch or a light breakfast with a juice or a hot beverage. There is the option to purchase a more substantial premium meal online up to 2 days before the flight.
- Entertainment: There is a wide selection of films, an audio program with 9 different channels. Headsets are for sale for 4.50$US or bring your own!
- Cabin: 1 item weighing up to 6kgs with dimensions not exceeding 55 x 40 x 20cm.
- Checked: 20kg on all flights (except to Canada and the USA) if your stay is less than 28 days. If the trip lasts more than 28 days, 30kg is permitted. Flight to the USA and Canada, 2 items with maximum weight of 23kgs each.
- Excess: On short-haul flights, 15USD/kg, medium-haul flight, 15USD/kg, long-haul, 30USD/kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
For each person paying a full fare there is a discount for 2 children (12 and under) and 1 infant (2 and under). The fare must be purchased through the Condor Flight-Only program.
|Telephone:||+49 180 5 707202|
|Departure cities:||Manchester, London, Glasgow, Plaisance, Mahe|