easyJet is a low-cost airline from Britain, based at London Luton Airport that flies across Europe to destinations like the UK, France, Spain, Germany and more. It has a network of 387 routes between 104 European airport and North African ones. easyJet operates mostly low-cost flights but offers as well charter flights on behalf of other companies.
- IATA code: U2
- Number of serviced cities: 118 destinations
- Main hub: London Luton Airport (LTN)
- Fleet: 173 aircraft
History of easyJet
easyJet was founded in 1995 by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou and began operations with just two Boeing 737s on two routes, London to Glasgow and London to Edinburgh. In April of 1996 easyJet finally owned its first airplane and in celebration opened their first international route from London to Amsterdam. Today easyJet has an incredible network that covers all of Europe. Its concept of ticketless travel has caught on and more and more passengers every year are grabbing easyJet flights to travel to and fro.
Travel with easy Jet: practical information
- Meals: There is no free catering on board but there is an in-flight menu from which passengers can purchase different meals, snacks and beverages.
- Entertainment: easyJet has an in-flight magazine that is available to take home. Otherwise passengers are welcomed to bring their own reading material for the flight.
- Cabin: 1 piece of standard hand luggage is allowed with maximum dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25 cm.
- Checked: Each passenger may bring up to 8 pieces of checked-in luggage with a maximum combined weight of 20 kg. There is a fee to check luggage which can be paid at the time of booking otherwise a higher fee can be paid at the time of check-in.
- Excess: Each excess kilo above 20 kg is subject to a fee of £10 or €12.
Discounts and Special Offers
easyJet is always offering some of the lowest fares on flights in Europe. They are constantly updated in the flight section on liligo.com.