Top destinations for airline tickets
Adria Airways (JP)
Adria Airways is a Slovenian company with 43 years of experience providing charter and regular flights to travellers to and from the Slovenian capital of Ljubljana. It is the national airline and has been a member of Star Alliance since 2004. The airlines main destinations are in Europe.
- IATA code: JP
- Number of serviced cities: 25 destinations
- Main hub: Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (LJU)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 12 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Miles & More
History of Adria Airways
In the 1960s Adria Airways had its start under the name Adria Aviopromet which operated primarily as a charter airline. In the late 1960s the airline acquired its first jet, a Douglas. The first scheduled flights were operated in the 1980s to destinations in Europe. The first international flight took place between Lhubljana and Larnaca. In the 1990s Adria Airways became the national aircraft carrier for Slovenia. This was only possible once Yugoslavia broke up.
Like all airlines, Adria Airways also experienced a drastic decrease in air travel after the September 11th attacks in New York City. It was a slow recovery, but in 2006 the airline finally made a profit for the first time since 2001. In 2004 Adria Airways joined one of the world’s leading airline alliances, Star Alliance. Following the steps of many other airlines, Adria Airways is outfitted with an Airbus which will allow for greater seating, more are on their way.
Travel with Adria Airways: practical information
- Meals: On longer flights there is a meal served while on shorter flights, passengers can buy items from an in-flight menu. Special meals must be specified at least 48 hours in advance.
- Cabin: Carry-on luggage is restricted to 1 piece per passenger. IT cannot exceed dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20cm and 8 kg.
- Checked: Each passenger is allowed 20 kg of free baggage allowance. On flights to and from the USA and Canada, two pieces of luggage are permitted.
- Excess: The fees are calculated on destination. For flights to Slovenia, Germany, Romania, Switzerland, Austria, Bosnia, Macedonia, Albania, Netherlands and Serbia it is €6 /kg. For flights to Great Britain, Denmark, Greece, Sweden, Ireland, France, Belgium, Montenegro, Turkey, Spain and Poland it is €8 / kg. On all other flights the fee is €10 / kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Adria Airways lists its most up to date special offers in the flight section on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1293 507 182|