Top destinations with low cost tickets
Air Arabia (G9)
Air Arabia is based in the United Arab Emirates, in the Sharjah International Airport. It operates scheduled flights to 46 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia, India and Europe.
- IATA code: G9
- Number of serviced cities: 46 destinations
- Main hub: Sharjah International Airport (SHJ)
- Alliance: Arab Air Carriers Organization
- Fleet: 21 aircraft
History of Air Arabia
Air Arabia was founded in February of 2003 and was the first low-cost airline to operate in the Sharjah region. The airline’s first operations started in October of that same year with a flight from Sharjah to Bahrain. By the end of its first year of operations, Air Arabia had 5 destinations. In 2004 Air Arabia carried 500,000 passengers and it received its first Airbus. Air Arabia continuously adds Airbus aircrafts to the fleet and destination to the network year after year. In 2005 the UAE’s first female pilot flew to Qatar. Air Arabia has plans in the future to open an airline budget hotel at the Sharjah International Airport.
Travel with Air Arabia: practical information
- Meals: Passengers have access to a Sky Café onboard all of Air Arabia’s flights. There are a wide variety of snacks and drinks for purchase. If you’d like a meal, order it at the time of booking.
- Entertainment: Al Nawras is Air Arabia’s in-flight magazine. There is also a selection of movies, sports, news, comedies and other short programming available to watch during the flight as well.
- Cabin: Each passenger can bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage. It can be no larger than standard size (55 x 40 x 20 cm).
- Checked: pieces of checked luggage must be no more than 160 cm in linear dimensions (W + D + L). On flight to Europe the free baggage allowance is 30 kg.
- Excess: There is a fee for each kilo that exceeds the limitations. For flights to and from Europe this fee is $13.62/kg. These fees vary however for other destinations.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find all of Air Arabia’s lowest fares and special offers when you search for flights on liligo.com to any of Air Arabia’s destinations.
|Telephone:||+212 5 2253 6400|
|Departure cities:||Sharjah, Karachi, Riyadh, Dammam, Kuwait|