Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Burkina (2J)
Operating from Burkina Faso in West Africa, Air Burkina was founded in the late 1960's. As of recent, Air Burkina has increased their service, especially to Paris and Marseilles, now travelling three times daily to both cities from Ouagadougou.
- IATA code: 2J
- Number of serviced cities: 10 destinations
- Main hub: Ouagadougou Airport (OUA)
- Fleet: 5 aircraft
History of Air Burkina
Air Burkina was founded in March of 1967 as Air Volta which was owned partly by the government and partly by Air France. The airline bought its first aircrafts in 1978 and it’s second in 1983. Even though the airline’s first years of operations resulted in a large amount of debt, most of this was alleviated once the airline was privatized in February of 2001. Air Burkina employees had a strike in 2002 in efforts of a wage increase. Presently Air Burkina works with the Compagnie Aerienne du Mali and has codeshare agreements as well. Fly with Air Burkina to Paris or Marseille from Ouagadougou.
Travel with Air Burkina: practical information
- Meals: There is a hot meal service during flights which cater to both African and European tastes.
- Entertainment: Air Burkina does not specify is there is any in-flight entertainment. They do specify however that the use of electronic devices is prohibited. It is recommended to bring a book or a newspaper for the flight.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of cabin luggage weighing up to 5 kg.
- Checked: Passengers may check 20 kg of free baggage allowance.
- Excess: Fees for overweight luggage vary and must be paid at time of check-in.
Discounts and Special Offers
Search for discounts and special offers from Air Burkina when you search for flights on liligo.com. There are often discounts on inter-continental flights.
|Telephone:||(226) 50 49 23 23|