Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Caledonie Intl (SB)
Air Calin is a French airline company based in New Caledonia in the South Pacific. Air Calédonie has over 10 direct routes and is operating 4 flights weekly between Nouméa and Tokyo. Between Europe and Nouméa, there are connections from Tokyo, Seoul, and Osaka.
- IATA code: SB
- Number of serviced cities: 11 destinations
- Main hub: Nouméa La Tontouta Airport (NOU)
- Fleet: 5 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Flying Blue
History of Air Cain
Air Calédonie International was established in 1983. The first commercial flight took off in Nouméa and landed in Melbourne. Later that same year flights to Brisban, Nadi, Port-Vila and Wallis were added to the airlines route network. In 1984 Air Calédonie rented an aircraft from Corsair to operate flights to Sydney. In 1988 the airline opened a route to Tahiti. IN 1991 Air Calédonie was the official transport for the Pacific Games in Tahiti.
In the mid-1990s Air Calédonie was renamed Air Calin and was given a new logo and a new image. The airline joined Air France’s rewards program Flying Blue. In 2000 the first flights to Osaka began as well as to Tokyo a year later to accommodate the growing popularity of New Caledonia as a tourist destination. In 2003 the airline ordered its first Airbus. By 2006 the airline was ready to launch itself on-line with a new site and electronic ticketing. Today the airline is mostly owned by Caisse d’Epargne Group.
Travel with Air Calin: practical information
- Meals: There is a hot meal service featuring traditional French dishes in both First and Economy classes. Non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary.
- Entertainment: There are individual screens on all Airbus aircraft which are programmed with films, tourism shorts on the Pacific, video games, etc. On other aircrafts there are film screened on long-haul flights.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger is permitted. It may not be larger than 56 x 45 x 25 cm or weigh more than 12 kg.
- Checked: Each passenger may check 20 kg of free baggage allowance. On flights between France Métropole and New Caledonia 30 kg is permitted.
- Excess: The excess baggage fees vary from destination to destination.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants can travel for 10% of the adult fare while children aged 2-12 travel for 75% of the adult fare. There are frequent regional sales on flights to and from New Caledonia.
|Telephone:||+687 26 55 00|