Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Comet (A7)
* * Air Comet has declared bankruptcy as of December 2009. They are no longer servicing any routes. * *
Air Comet is a Spanish airline which started solely with charter flights but has now expanded with flights reaching various destinations. With departures from Madrid, Air Comet flies primarily to South America (Ecuador, Peru, Chili, Argentina, etc.) but as well has occasional flights to Paris and Rome. Air Comet is working with two larger airlines as well in a codeshare program, Air Europa and AeroSur.
- IATA code: A7
- Number of serviced cities: 13
- Main hub: Madrid Barajas International Airport (MAD)
- Fleet: 12 (+74 orders)
- Loyalty rewards program: Club Air Comet
History of Air Comet
Air Comet was established in December of 1996. It mainly operated at this time long-distance flights from Madrid and Pala de Mallorca to destinations in Central and South America and the Caribbean. In 2007 the airline re-launched itself as a full service carrier. It is owned by a Spanish company, Grupo Marsans. Air Comet took over some of Air Madrid’s routes to Latin America in 2007 when Air Madrid went bankrupt. This same year Air Comet let go temporarily of their flights to the USA as they wanted to focus more on the Latin American and European markets.
As Air Comet is rapidly expanding, they have incorporated an Airbus into their fleet, the first of four that are expected to operate under this airline. With the expansion of the fleet, new routes are being created as well, especially in South America. They now have regular flights to Buenos Aires, Lima, Guayaquil, Quito, Bogota, Havana, Cancun, and Mexico City.
Travel with: practical information
- Meals: There is a wide selection of menus to choose from (vegetarian, oriental, Mediterranean, children’s menu, etc.). You do not have to reserve a meal beforehand.
- Entertainment: Individual screens for all passengers with their choice of movies, TV series, radio, games or music. There is as well an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: Hand luggage cannot exceed the dimensions 55 x 40 x 20cm with a weight restriction of 10kgs. You may bring one additional personal item be it either a purse, laptop bag, briefcase, etc.
- Checked: For flights from Madrid to South America, 2 suitcases are permitted, each with a maximum weight of 23kgs.
- Excess: If there is an excess weight of your luggage, there is a fine of 15€/kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are discounts for travelling children as well as for infants travelling with an adult. You must contact the airline directly for these special discounts. There are always special offers on-line.