Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Ivoire (VU)
Air Ivoire is the national airline of the Ivory Coast offering flights to destinations throughout Africa. From Europe, Air Ivoire serves Paris and Marseille with flights to the Ivory Coast.
- IATA code: VU
- Number of serviced cities: 13 destinations
- Main hub: Abidjan International Airport (ABJ)
- Fleet: 5 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Club Ivoire
History of Air Ivoire
Air Ivoire was founded in December of 1960 but didn’t begin operating flights until 1964. Air Afrique, among other companies, held shares in the airline until the mid-1970s until the Côte d’Ivoire government bought it. In 1999 the airline ceased operations because of financial strain. Shorty after Air France bought shares in the airline and by 2001 operations resumed as usual. Today the government owns half of the airline while a private investment group owns the other half. The airline operates Boeing 737s.
Travel with Air Ivoire: practical information
- Meals: There is a meal served on flights from Paris or Marseille to Abidjan.
- Entertainment: There are films shown on communal screens as well as an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 10 kg of cabin luggage no larger than 56 x 36 x 23 cm.
- Checked: There is a free baggage allowance of 30 kg maximum.
- Excess: Passengers with excess luggage must pay a fine of €210 per extra piece of baggage.
Discounts and Special Offers
Air Ivoire frequently offers reduced fares, for example 50% off for the second passenger. Find discounted fares when you search for flights on liligo.com to Abidjan.
|Telephone:||+225 20 25 14 00|