Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Jamaica (JM)
* * Air Jamaica has merged with Air Caribbean; all flights are suspended until further notice as of May 2010. * *
Air Jamaica is the national airline of this Caribbean island. Flights are operated out of Kingston and Montego Bay to a dozen destinations in the rest of the Caribbean, USA and Canada.
- IATA code: JM
- Number of serviced cities: 11 destinations
- Main hub: Norman Manley International Airport (KIN)
- Fleet: 7 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: 7th Heaven
History of Air Jamaica
Air Jamaica started operation in 1969, one year after being established. The first flight connected Kingston and Montego Bay with US cities like New York and Miami. At the time of its founding it was jointly owned by the Jamaican government and Air Canada. In the 1970s the airline introduced flights to Toronto and Montreal, Puerto Rico and Philadelphia. Flights to Europe weren't introduced until 1974. In the 1990s Air Jamaica sealed a codeshare agreement with Delta Air Lines, a major US player in the industry.
In 2004 the government of Jamaica took full ownership of the airline due to financial losses Considering privatization, the airline looked to be an interesting investment for several other airlines like Emirates Airlines, Virgin Group and Air China. In 2010 Air Jamaica ceased operations and will be run in the future by Caribbean Airlines, the largest airline operating in the Caribbean.
Travel with: practical information
- Meals: Passengers receive complimentary snacks and beverages. Alcoholic drinks are available at an additional charge. Reserve special dietary meals at least 24 hours in advance.
- Entertainment: Browse the pages of SkyWritings magazine while you're waiting to land either home or in paradise.
- Cabin: 1 carry-on bag is permitted, weighing up to 10 kg and measuring no larger than 42 inches (total dimensions).
- Checked: Passengers can check 2 pieces of luggage, each weighing a maximum of 23 kg. Each piece's maximum dimensions are 62 inches.
- Excess: There is a fee for bags weighing more than 51 pounds (23 kg). On short-haul flights the fee is $25 US, between the USA/Toronto and the Caribbean the fee is $75 and between the Caribbean and all other destinations in Canada the fee is $100.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children and seniors are eligible for 10% discounts on their flights. For all other discounted fares, check them out by searching on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+44 020 7590 3605|