Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Moldova (9U)
Air Moldova operates flights to almost 20 destinations from Chişinău International Airport. It operates as a low cost airline to avoid direct competition with Moldavian Airlines and other foreign air carriers. Air Moldova flies to/from London Gatwick Airport.
- IATA code: 9U
- Number of serviced cities: 23 destinations
- Main hub: Chişinău International Airport (KIV)
- Fleet: 6 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Air Moldova Club
History of Air Moldova
Air Moldova was established in 1992, beginning operations that same year using the local fleet of Aeroflot. It is owned completely by the Republic of Moldova. The airline bought its first western-made aircraft in 2001, an Airbus, to replace the older Russian aircraft in the fleet. The introduction of a loyalty rewards program came in 2004 after the logo and the livery were designed.
Travel with Air Moldova: practical information
- Meals: In-flight catering varies depending on time of flight and duration. Soft drinks are always available. Special meals are provided at no extra cost.
- Entertainment: Electronic devices are not allowed to be used during the flight, so we recommend dropping by the newsstand at the airport to pick up a book, magazine or newspaper before boarding.
- Cabin: Passengers may bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage, no larger than 115 cm (total dimensions) and no heavier than 8 kg.
- Checked: All passengers are allowed to check 2 pieces weighing up to 23 kg of luggage unless flying to Moscow or Istanbul, where the allowance is 30 kg and 50 kg respectively. Luggage must not exceed the maximum dimensions of 158 cm.
- Excess: The rates for excess luggage depend greatly on the departure and destination cities.
Discounts and Special Offers
Young passengers aged 12-25 are eligible for a 10-15% discount, as well a senior citizens over the age of 60. Infants can travel with a 90% discount on the paid adult fare. Children ages 2-12 are eligible for a discount of 25-30%, depending on the route.
|Telephone:||+44 0 75 258 258 56|