Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Namibia (SW)
Namibia's national airline company, Air Namibia, offers services to domestic cities in South Africa as well as region flights to other parts of Africa. With two base cities, Windhoek and Frankfurt, Air Namibia also offers flights departing from European cities to destinations like New York City, Fuchal in Portugal, and of course Windhoek.
- IATA code: SW
- Number of serviced cities: 14 destinations
- Main hub: Windhoek Hosea Kutako International Airport (WDH)
- Fleet: 7 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Reward $
History of Air Namibia
Air Namibia was founded in 1946 with the name South West Air Transport. Operations began shortly after in 1948. In 1959 the airline was renamed South West Airways but changed its name again in 1978 to Namib Air. The government bought the majority of the airline in the 1980s making it the national airline carrier for Namibia in 1987. In 1991 the airline was named Air Namibia to celebrate the independence of the country. The airline used Boeing aircraft in the 1990s but has since switched to using the Airbus.
Travel with Air Namibia: practical information
- Meals: There are a variety of meals and beverages available on all flights.
- Entertainment: There are films, magazines and newspapers available in both German and English.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of cabin luggage that is no heavier than 7 kg.
- Checked: Passengers in Economy can check 20 kg of free baggage allowance. Infants may check 10 kg.
- Excess: Baggage that exceeds 20 kg is subject to a per kilo fee. TO check another piece of luggage there is a fee of 1.5% of the full one-way fare.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find discounted fares and other special offers on Air Namibia flights when you search on liligo.com for airline tickets to any of their destinations.
|Telephone:||44 (0)870 774 0965|