Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Southwest (WO)
*** Air Southwest folds: As of September 30th, 2011 Air Southwest, the low cost British airline, has grounded all flights and stopped all operations due to financial difficulties and lack of consumer demand on routes. ***
Air Southwest is a British low-cost airline that offers flights across and around the United Kingdom but also with travel to and from Grenoble. From London’s Gatwick Airport passengers can fly to Plymouth, Newquay or Bristol.
- IATA code: WO
- Number of serviced cities: 14 destinations
- Main hub: Plymouth City Airport (PLH) & Newquay Cornwall Airport (NQY)
- Fleet: 6 aircraft
History of Air Southwest
Air South West Limited was founded in 2003 and quickly changed its name to Mid South Aviation and then again to Air Southwest Limited, all in one year. The small airline was established to service the southwest of England that British Airways did not service. Operations began the 26th of October in 2003. The airlines first hub was at Plymouth City Airport and in 2005 the airline expanded to Newquay and began operating direct flights to Dublin and then to Leeds via Bristol.
In 2007 the airline discontinued its route from Cardiff to Newquay due to low passenger numbers. In 2008 the airline began promoting new routes to Newcastle, Glasgow, and Cork which became very successful. 2009 was a year for revamping the airline’s image. They launched a new website, repainted their fins, and began a nation wide advertising campaign.
Travel with Air Southwest: practical information
- Meals: There is a menu of local products available to purchase during the flight. It includes snacks, sandwiches and refreshments.
- Entertainment: Since there is no scheduled entertainment on-board, make sure you grab a newspaper or a book at the airport before boarding.
- Cabin: 1 piece is permitted that weighs a maximum of 7 kg and does not exceed the dimensions of 53cm x 34 cm x 22 cm.
- Checked: Each passenger is permitted to check 20 kg of luggage.
- Excess: Each kilo that surpasses the permitted amount will be charged at a rate of 6£ per kilo.
Discounts and Special Offers
There is no charge for infants under the age of two. All children that are occupying seats are charged the standard fees. All of Air Southwest’s other discounts and special offers are listed on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0870 043 4553|