Top destinations for airline tickets
Alaska Airlines (AS)
Air Alaska is an American airline that has been connecting Alaska to the rest of the USA, Canada, and Mexico for over 75 years. More than 90 cities are served by this airline.
- IATA code: AS
- Number of serviced cities: 91 destinations
- Main hub: Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC)
- Fleet: 112 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Mileage Plan
History of Alaska Airlines
Alaska Airlines has historical roots all the way back to McGee Airways, an airline that was based in Anchorage in the 1930s. In the 1940s this airline changed its name to Alaska Airlines. In the 1960s Alaska Airlines bought its first jet, a Convair and moved its headquarters from Anchorage to Seattle. In 1986 Alaska Airlines bought Horizon Air and the following year Alaska Airlines merged with Jet America Airlines. Now Alaska Airlines operates a subsidiary airline with the name Horizon Air.
Travel with Alaska Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Food is available to purchase onboard with credit card or debit card.
- Entertainment: Rent a portable movie player for $6 (USD). There are limited supplies, so reserve one at the time of booking. There is also Wi-Fi and an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: 1 piece of cabin luggage is permitted. It can measure up to 25 x 43 x 61 cm. Passengers can bring as well a purse, handbag or laptop computer.
- Checked: Each passenger can check 50 lbs (22 kg) of free baggage.
- Excess: If a bag weights 51-100 lbs. there is a fee of 50$ (USD).
Discounts and Special Offers
Search for Alaska Airlines special offers on liligo.com when you use the flight search engine. There are always low cost airline tickets offered from Alaska Airlines to Anchorage or other American destinations.
|Telephone:||00 800 252 752 00|