Top destinations with low cost tickets
Allegiant Air (G4)
Allegiant Air is an American low-cost airline with flights between different cities in the USA as well as flights to international destinations. This airline is based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. Their services include also hotel and vacation packages to over 60 destinations.
- IATA code: G4
- Number of serviced cities: 71 destinations
- Main hub: Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Fleet: 46 aircraft
History of Allegiant Air
Allegiant Air was founded in 1997 as WestJet Express but changed its name quickly due to the close similarity to the Canadian airline called WestJet Airlines. The airline is fully owned by Allegiant Travel. The first scheduled service started in 1999 between Las Vegas and Fresno. In 2000 Allegiant Air filed for bankruptcy as it was unable to cover its costs. With the hiring of a new President, the airline was pulled out of its financial troubles and began focusing on smaller regional flights. Since 2001 the airline has expanded from just 2 destinations to more than 50 from Las Vegan to Orlando and St. Petersburg in Florida.
The airlines most recent hub cities include Mesa (Arizona), Fort Lauderdale (Florida) and Bellingham (Washington).
Travel with Allegiant Air: practical information
- Meals: There is a variety of refreshments and snacks available for purchase on flights.
- Entertainment: It is recommended to bring your own personal reading material.
- Cabin: There is a limit of 1 piece of hand luggage per passenger as well as 1 additional personal item. It cannot exceed the dimensions 9 x 14 x 22 inches.
- Checked: Passengers who wish to check a piece of luggage will pay a per person, per bag, per segment fee which is non-refundable. Each bag must weight less than 50 lbs and each passenger cannot check more than 5 bags. IT costs $15 to check the first bag and $25 for the second if purchased at the time of booking. It costs $35 for each bag if purchased at the time of check-in.
- Excess: Allegiant Air does not indicate any specific excess baggage fees.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children under the age of 2 can travel free of charge as long as they do not occupy a seat. All of Allegiant Air’s other special offers can be found on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+1 702 505 8888|
|Departure cities:||Boise, Newburgh/Poughkeepsie, Oakland|