Top destinations with low cost tickets
Aurigny Air is a British airline that services the English Channel. It is based in Guernsey in the Channel Islands. It operates both passenger and freight services between the islands and western France and England. At night the airline is used to transport British Royal Mail. The airline’s name comes from the Norman name for Alderney, the local language that went extinct when the locals evacuated during the Second World War.
- IATA code: GR
- Number of serviced cities: 11 destinations
- Main hub: Guernsey Airport (GCI)
- Fleet: 10 aircraft
History of Aurigny Air
The airline was founded in March of 1968. At the same time, British Airways withdrew their service from Alderney to Guernsey and the islands still needed connecting flights. Aurigny Air is the first and only commercial airline operator to use the Trisland, an 18-seat aircraft, nicknamed Joey. In 1977 Aurigny was the first airline in the world to ban smoking from its flights. This has been followed by every other airline since. In 1993 the small airline became the official mail carrier of letters and parcels from England to the Channel Islands. Since then the airline has added aircraft to its fleet and is now the most popular airline from Guernsey.
Travel with Aurigny Air: practical information
- Meals: Complimentary refreshments and hot beverages are available on all flights from Guernsey to the UK. Light snacks are available for purchase costing £1-£2.
- Entertainment: Local Guernsey newspapers are available to read on afternoon flights.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger with a maximum weight of 10 kg and dimensions of 43 x 30 x 18 cm.
- Checked: 20 kilo is permitted per passenger except on flights between Alderney & Southampton, Guernsey & Dinard where it is 15 kilo. Students traveling to and from their place of study (with show of card) can bring 40 kilo of checked luggage.
- Excess: Each additional kilo is subject to a fee of £10.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants can travel free of charge on the laps of their accompanying adults. They do not have any baggage allowance. There are also discounted children fares. All of Aurigny Air’s other special offers are listed in liligo.com’s flight section.
|Telephone:||+44 1481 822 886|