Top destinations for airline tickets
Bahamasair operates flights out of Nassau, Bahamas to almost 30 destinations in the region, including Havana in Cuba and a few cities in Florida, USA. Bahamasair began operating flights after the oil crisis in the 1970s, after most all other airlines stopped operating flights to the islands.
- IATA code: UP
- Number of serviced cities: 29 destinations
- Main hub: Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS)
- Fleet: 8 aircraft
History of Bahamasair
Bahamasair was established in a crisis. Many airlines struggled during the oil crisis of the 1970s and at that time British Airways stopped all of its flights to the Bahamas, as did many major airlines servicing the islands. The government of the Bahamas took action then, establishing the first national airline.
The first international flight was inaugurated in 1972, from Nassau to Tampa in Florida. The 1980s brought new routes, new uniforms and a new livery, warmly welcomed by the locals and the airline's international passengers. Today the airline operates a fleet consisting of Boeing 737's and De Havilland DHC-8's.
Travel with Bahamasair: practical information
- Meals: There is standard meal service on all international flights. On short domestic flights only a small snack and beverage are served.
- Entertainment: Not indicating what type of in-flight entertainment they have, we recommend Bahamasair passengers to pick up a newspaper or a magazine at their departing airport to read on board.
- Cabin: Passengers are allowed 1 piece of luggage to carry-on.
- Checked: Passengers on international flights are allowed 1 bag that weighs maximum 22 kg. Additional bags are subject to a fee. On domestic flights passengers are allowed 2 bags with a combined weight of 20 kg.
- Excess: To check a second bag there is a fee of $20, a third is $25 and a fourth and any subsequent bags are $100. For overweight/oversized bags, there is a penalty from $50-$125.
Discounts and Special Offers
Bahamasair offers discounts on corporate flights, group bookings (of at least 20 passengers) as well as charter flights. To compare flight prices, just search on liligo.com for flights to/from the Bahamas.
|Telephone:||+1 242 702 4100|