Top destinations for airline tickets
Frontier Airlines (F9)
Denver-based airline, Frontier Airlines is making a statement in the airline industry. One can spot their fleet on the runway by the wildlife photography on the tails. There are more than 50 different tails that can be spotted flying from Denver to almost every state in America as well as Mexico.
- IATA code: F9
- Number of serviced cities: 60 destinations
- Main hub: Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fleet: 51 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: EarlyReturns
History of Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines was established in 1994. The first scheduled flights took off that same year. Very quickly Frontier Airlines became direct competition for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines. In the 1990s Frontier purchased its first Airbus. By 2005 the entire fleet was made up of this type of aircraft. The airline made agreements with AirTran Airways to share passenger loyalty rewards. In 2008 the airline declared bankruptcy but continued operating flights. In 2009 Republic Airways Holdings bought Frontier Airlines and now it operates as a subsidiary.
Frontier Airlines operates flights throughout the United States, Mexico and as far away as Costa Rica. New destinations will be added in 2010 like New Orleans and Louisville. As of now, Frontier Airlines flies to Cabo San Lucas, Cancún, Cozumel, Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta in Mexico.
Travel with Frontier Airlines: practical information
- Meals: There is a variety of reasonably priced snacks, sandwiches and salads available for purchase on domestic flights.
- Entertainment: During the flight passengers enjoy DirecTV, movies and an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: Passengers may board the aeroplane with 1 piece of carry-on luggage. It should no be larger than 9.5 x 15.5 x 24 inches and weight more than 35 lbs.
- Checked: There is a charge of $20 for the first piece of checked luggage, $30 for the second and $50 for the third on domestic flights. Passengers flying international can check 2 pieces of luggage free of charge.
- Excess: There is a $50 fee to check an additional piece of luggage.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants travel free of charge on domestic and international flights. Some taxes may apply on international flights however. Find all of Frontier Airlines special fares when you search for flights in North America on liligo.com.
|800 432 1359