Top destinations for charter tickets
Germania is an airline company based out of the German capital of Berlin. It operates mainly charter flights to holiday destinations in Europe and especially in Syria (Aleppo and Damascus). On top of these flights, Germania offers low cost flights from their hub in Düsseldorf.
- IATA code: ST
- Number of serviced cities: 7 destinations
- Main hub: Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL) & Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS)
- Fleet: 16 aircraft
History of Germania
Germania was founded in 1978 under the name Special Air Transport in Cologne. Official operations started later that same year. The airline changed its name in 1986 to Germania and operated mainly charter services on behalf of TUI and Condor, making its mark by offering the lowest prices. The airline changed bases in 1992 when it moved form Cologne to Berlin’s Tegel Airport. Germania was the first airline in Germany to use their aircraft as a source of advertising in the early 1990s. Germania also began to lease their airlines in the 1990s to other airlines.
Germania’s scheduled service began in 2003 when they began selling airline tickets directly to passengers instead of through another airline. The service was named Germania Express. The service stopped soon after due to disagreements with shareholders and other leasing agreements but started again in 2008. Germania has departing flights from 3 cities in Germany: Berlin, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart and Munich. Their destinations include: Pristina in Kosovo, Aleppo and Damascus in Syria. Most of their charter flights go to Turkey.
Travel with Germania: practical information
- Meals: These services greatly vary depending on charter agreements.
- Entertainment: These services greatly vary depending on charter agreements. It is always a good idea to bring your own book or newspaper in the case of delays.
- Cabin: 1 piece of cabin luggage is permitted with a maximum weight of 6 kg. It cannot exceed the dimensions of 45 x 35 x 20 cm.
- Checked: The free baggage allowance is 20 kg.
- Excess: The fee for each excess kilo is €7. The airline does not accept luggage that weighs more than 32 kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants up to the age of 2 can travel free of charge on the laps of their accompanying adult. Children aged 2-11 can travel at a discounted rate of 20%. Germania’s other special offers are listed on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+49 (0) 1805 737 100|