Top destinations with low cost tickets
Iceland Express (HW)
***As you may have heard, WOW air has bought Iceland Express. Most passengers won't notice a thing as this wasn't a merger, simply one airline taking the controls over from another in order to offer travellers more flight frequency and more destinations.***
Iceland Express is Iceland’s low fare airline. There is service from Iceland to the UK, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway and more. Iceland has become easier the reach as a tourist destination since the founding of Iceland Express in 2003. There is service to both London Gatwick Airport and Stansted.
- IATA code: HW
- Number of serviced cities: 17 destinations
- Main hub: Keflavik International Airport (KEF)
- Fleet: 2 aircraft
History of Iceland Express
Iceland Express is a young airline. It was founded in 2002 and opened its first route in 2003 to London and Copenhagen. Iceland Express’ fares were introduced in the beginning as being up to 80% lower than those of their competitors, something that make Icelanders think twice. Iceland Express quickly grew in popularity for travellers to and from Iceland’s capital city. Tourism to Iceland has risen by 150% since the airline was founded; the company does not think this is an accident. Iceland Express operates with a low fare rule, easy booking and easy changes. This airline has serviced flights to destinations throughout Europe as well as to Northern Iceland as well.
Travel with Iceland Express: practical information
- Meals: There are sandwiches, salads, snacks and a variety of beverages for purchase on Iceland Express flights. The airline also allows passengers to bring their own food.
- Entertainment: Iceland Express has small handy video players that passengers can rent for the duration of the flight at as reasonable price. They are programmed with movies, television shows and computer games. They are limited however, so get one early!
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger is permitted. It can be no larger than 55 x 35 x 25 cm and weight no more than 10 kg. On top of this passengers may bring an overcoat, purse, laptop and a camera.
- Checked: There is a free weight allowance for each passenger of 20 kg. For flights heading to the USA and Canada, the allowance is 30 kg.
- Excess: There are fees for bags that are larger than 90 x 50 x 60 cm or heavier than 32 kg. These fees must be paid at check-in at the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
All of Iceland Express’ special offers are listen in the flight section on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0118 321 8384|