Top destinations with low cost tickets
Jetstar Airways (JQ)
Jetstar is a low-cost airline that connects Australia and Singapore to other destinations in Australia with the Asia-Pacific. It has headquarters in Melbourne, Australia and is a subsidiary of Qantas.
- IATA code: JQ
- Number of serviced cities: 30 destinations
- Main hub: Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Alliance: subsidiary of Qantas
- Fleet: 47 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Qantas Frequent Flyer
History of Jetstar
Jetstar was established in 2003 by Qantas as a low cost airline. Flights began operating in May of 2004. The first international flights were added to the network in 2005 to Christchurch in New Zealand. Jetstar was the first airline in Australia to allow passengers to choose seats upon booking. This service was introduced in 2006. By 2009 Jetstar added direct serviced to Auckland from Sydney and the Gold Coast. This same year Jetstar began operating domestic flights in New Zealand, offering low fares to previously expensive routes. These new connections include flights between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown.
Travel with Jetstar: practical information
- Meals: Meals can be pre-ordered at the time of booking or passenger can choose from an in-flight menu to be purchased during the flight. Pre-purchased meals include unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. Passengers are also welcome to bring their own food on board.
- Entertainment: There are video-on-demand systems available for a small fee to use during the flight. These can be reserved and paid for at the time of booking as well. There is also an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: 1 item per passenger is allowed weighing a total of 10 kg. If travelling with an infant, an additional bag may be carried for food and other necessities for the journey.
- Checked: There are 3 different class systems on Jetstar flights: JetSaver Light, JetSaver / JetFlex and StarClass. By choosing the Light service there is no entitled checked baggage allowance. Other passengers can check 20 kg of luggage. If Light passengers wish to check luggage there is a fee of 40 AUD on-line or 80 AUD at the airport.
- Excess: There is a fee per kilo for luggage that exceeds the limitations, 10 AUD/kg on domestic flights and 15 USD/kg (or the local equivalent) on international flights.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find all of Jetstar’s offers listed in the flight results on liligo.com when you search for flights to any of Jetstar’s destinations.
|Telephone:||+1 866 397 8170|
|Departure cities:||Melbourne, Sydney|