Top destinations for airline tickets
Luxair is a regional airline that services most of the larger European cities and other business centres. Luxair offers low-cost and flexible flights to and from Luxembourg. In the UK there is service to London's city airport.
- IATA code: LG
- Number of serviced cities: 59 destinations
- Main hub: Luxembourg – Findel Airport (LUX)
- Fleet: 16 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Miles & More
History of Luxair
Luxair was established in 1961 by Luxembourg Airlines Company, which was founded in 1958, in response to the growing demand of travellers from Luxembourg to other European destinations. The first flight operated by Luxair flew from Luxembourg to Paris. The airline received its first Boeing aircraft in 1977 which started the airline’s transformation into an all-jet airline. Due to the rising costs of oil, it has become increasingly difficult to operate regional flights. In response Luxair has introduced turboprop aircrafts which have better fuel and oil efficiency.
Travel with Luxair: practical information
- Meals: There is catering services on all Luxair flights. On short haul flights passengers can enjoy a light breakfast or a beverage and snack. On longer flights passengers are served a warm breakfast and sandwiches with a beverage. Special meals are available upon demand.
- Entertainment: Passengers are provided with high performance entertainment systems which include overhead videos and audio programs.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage. It should not be larger than 55 x 35 x 16 cm and not weight more than 7 kg.
- Checked: Passengers may check up to 20 kg of free baggage allowance. This 20 kg includes hand luggage.
- Excess: There is a fee of €10/kg for all weight that exceeds the free baggage allowance.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find special offers from Luxair when you search for flights to Luxair destinations on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||352 2456 4242|