Top destinations for airline tickets
Mexicana de Aviacion (MX)
* * Mexicana will resume flights as of February 2011. * *
Mexicana De Aviación is one of the oldest airlines in the world. It has the most extensive network of routes between Mexico and the USA, servicing extensively North, South, Central America and the Caribbean. From London, transfer through Mexico City to Cancun, Los Angeles, Guadalajara, or Monterrey.
- IATA code: MX
- Number of serviced cities: 48 destinations
- Main hub: Cancún International Airport (CUN)
- Fleet: 66 aircraft
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Loyalty rewards program: Mexicana Go
History of Mexicana De Aviación
The Mexicana story began in 1921 when two Americans living in Mexico won the bid for the flight route to Tampico in the Gulf of Mexico. The first flights were operated to deliver wages in a two-seater plane. For the 1920s the Mexicana Air Transport Company delivered mail and took aerial photographs. In the 1930s Mexicana operated flights to Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rice, Cuba and Nicaragua. In the 1940s more domestic Mexican destinations were added to the airlines rapidly growing network. Mexicana also started a certified pilot’s school in Mexico City. In 1960 Mexicana operated the first jet flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles. In 1969 the airline suffered two crashes, destroying two of their new Boeing aircraft.
In the 1980s Mexicana’s rival, AeroMexico, declared bankruptcy and Mexicana took over its long-haul flight routes including those to South American destinations and Canada. The 1990s brought steady growth to Mexicana and finally in 2001 the airline celebrated its 80th birthday. In 2005 Mexicana established a low cost subsidiary airline, Click Mexicana, to compete with the other emerging low cost airlines in Mexico. In 2009 Mexicana joined Oneworld Alliance.
Travel with Mexicana De Aviación: practical information
- Meals: Passengers enjoy a hot meal or light lunch, depending on the duration of their flight. Take advantage of the complimentary bar serving tequila, brandy, kahlua and wines.
- Entertainment: Enjoy music channels, television series or an in-flight magazine while flying with Mexicana.
- Cabin: 1 piece of cabin luggage is permitted. It may not exceed 10 kg.
- Checked: Passengers may check up to 30 kg of free baggage allowance.
- Excess: There is a fee of 40$ (USD) to check an additional piece of luggage, similarly if a piece of luggage is overweight, it will be charged as an additional piece.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants generally pay 10% of the normal adult fare. There are great special offers for Mexicana’s flights to popular destinations all year round. Search for flights to Mexico or to other destinations on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||08 08 10 17 600|