Top destinations for airline tickets
SilkAir is a subsidiary airline of Singapore Airlines. It operates scheduled flights between Singapore and 31 cities in southern and eastern Asia and China.
- IATA code: MI
- Number of serviced cities: 31 destinations
- Main hub: Singapore Changi Airport (SIN)
- Fleet: 16 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: KrisFlyer
History of SilkAir
SilkAir was originally founded as an air-charter company in the mid 1970s. It used leased planes from Singapore Airlines to service flights to holiday destinations. In the early 1990s the airline added other regional destinations catering business travellers on top of their regular leisure travellers. At this time destinations to China and India were also added.
Travel with SilkAir: practical information
- Meals: Meals feature both Oriental and Western cuisine. For special requests, inform the airline as soon as possible.
- Entertainment: There are short stories for reading and short films for viewing on-board.
- Cabin: Each passenger is allowed 1 piece weighing up to 7 kg and no larger than 115 cm (length + width + height).
- Checked: Passengers are allowed to check 20 kg of baggage.
- Excess: There is a per kilo fee for excess luggage. Rates are divided into travel zones and vary depending on distance travelled. Rate vary from SGD 10 to SGD 80.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are seasonal offers from SilkAir for travel from Singapore, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam. Find SilkAir’s special discounts on liligo.com when searching for flights.
|Telephone:||+65 6223 8888|