Top destinations for airline tickets
Tarom, Romanian Air Transport, is the national airline of Romania, carrying its flag in the image of the airline. It is based out of the capital city’s airport in Bucharest, Henri Coandă International Airport. There is scheduled service to destinations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle-East.
- IATA code: RO
- Number of serviced cities: 49 destinations in 22 countries
- Main hub: Henri Coandă International Airport (OTP)
- Alliance: SkyTeam
- Fleet: 26 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Smart Miles
History of Tarom
Tarom was founded in September of 1954. Six years later the airline had service to almost all European countries. In 1966 Tarom flew for the first time across the Atlantic Ocean to New York City. A decade later they flew in the other direction and introduced service to Beijing. In this same year, 1974, Tarom flew to Sydney via Calcutta. Until 1990 Tarom was flying soviet-made jets and it wasn’t until 1990 that they were able to obtain Western ones. By 1993 however they were flying across the Atlantic with an Airbus, the largest passenger airplane in the world.
In the 1990s the airline registered a profit loss of $68 million. Now they have initiated a program to reverse this and restore profit. Tarom concentrates now on its routes from Bucharest and there are codeshare agreements in place for their international routes. In 2008 Air France endorsed Tarom to become a member of the SkyTeam associate program which should take place by 2010.
Travel with: practical information
- Meals: Depending on route and class of travel a meal is provided with a wide variety of different meals to choose from. If a passenger follows a special diet, reserve that meal before your flight.
- Entertainment: On some routes there are movies screened. There is also an audio system installed in every chair for music stations. As well, a large selection of daily and monthly publications is available from the flight crew.
- Cabin: Hand luggage is restricted to one piece, weighing up to 10kgs and with dimensions that do not exceed 115 cm (L + H +W)
- Checked: 20kgs is the maximum weight on flights within Europe and the Middle-East. On flights to and from the USA and Canada, 2 pieces is permitted each weighing up to 23kgs.
- Excess: All excess weight is subject to a charge. To find out details, contact one of Tarom’s offices.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children under the age of 2 can travel at the reduced rate of 10% of the adult’s fare.
|Telephone:||22 43 693|