Top destinations with low cost tickets
Transavia Airlines is an airline founded in 1965 by a partnership between a Belgian and a Scottish man with the original name of Tansavia Limburg N.V. that operated out of Maastricht Aachen Airport in the Netherlands. Now the company has been rebranded into transavia.com, and is based in Amsterdam. It is a low-cost airline that operates as an independent part of Air France-KLM.
- IATA code: HV
- Number of serviced cities: 63
- Main hub: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Alliance: Air France-KLM
- Fleet: 29 (+4 orders)
History of Transavia
Founded in 1965 and received its license to charter in 1966 from Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport. The first commercial flight took place on the 16th of November. On the occasion of the company’s 25th anniversary in 1991, the company became a subsidiary of KLM. The name Transavia Airlines has been re-branded to simply transavia.com, as well as their fleet of aircrafts, and their cabin crew sport new uniforms designed by Broeckmans. The interior has also gotten a face-lift to reflect the new design of the company. Transavia transports close to 4.5 million passengers a year to holiday destinations in Europe and Africa. Their fleet consists only of Boeing 737s.
Transavia was the first airline to take advantage of the open sky agreement between the Netherlands and the UK, by operating a scheduled flight between Amsterdam and London’s Gatwick airport in 1986. Now Transavia operates, besides Amsterdam, largely out of Copenhagen and Rotterdam, with a small presence at Paris-Orly.
Travel with: practical information
- Meals: There is a selection of products for sale, including hot drinks and other beverages. Small snacks are provided.
- Entertainment: There is a small airline publication called FLYer which can be obtained by request from a cabin staff member.
- Cabin: 1 handbag measuring 55cm x 35cm x 25cm with a maximum weight of 5-7kg. Above this one can carry a coat, umbrella or walking stick, one camera, and any reading material intended for the duration of the flight.
- Checked: The maximum weight allowance per person is 20kg.
- Excess: There is an excess fee of 9€/per extra kg per single journey. From Amsterdam and Rotterdam, luggage must not weigh more than 32kgs.
Discounts and Special Offers
Travelling children and infants are subject to a special fare. For babies up to the age of 23 months, their fare is 10€ per single journey. For this to apply the baby must be accompanied and travel on the lap of the adult. There is a luggage allowance of 10kg for a baby. Children from the age of 2 must have an adult fare.
|Telephone:||0906 6800 065|
|Departure cities:||Amsterdam, Bergerac, Malaga, Rotterdam, Paris|