Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) is the Ukraine's leading airline. This airline provides more flights to and from Ukraine than any other airline. From Kiev, fly to the rest of Europe and even Dubai. There is service from Kyiv to London's Gatwick airport.
- IATA code: PS
- Number of serviced cities: 33 destinations
- Main hub: Boryspil International Airport (KBP)
- Fleet: 19 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Panorama Club
History of Ukraine International Airlines
Ukraine International Airlines was founded in 1992 and began operating that same year. It was the first airline in the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) to operate with Boeing 737 aircrafts. In 1996 both Swissair and Austrian Airlines invested in the airline, giving it more funding to improve and better its services. UIA aims to be the leading airline in their region, offering customers safe, punctual and reliable air service. It is the official carrier of the Pope when he visits the Ukraine.
Travel with Ukraine International Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Passengers are served a complimentary snack or meal, depending on the flight duration. There are also hot beverages available.
- Entertainment: Passengers are welcome to bring personal reading material on-board. There is an in-flight shopping magazine as well.
- Cabin: 1 piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per passenger. It may not weigh more than 7 kg or be larger than 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
- Checked: Passengers may check 20 kg of free baggage allowance on all flights except those going to Canada and the USA. On these flights, passengers may check 1 piece of luggage up to 23 kg in weight and with maximum dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height).
- Excess: There are fees for all overweight baggage. These vary depending on destination and departure city.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants travel for 10% of the adult fare. Children (2-12) also may travel at a discounted rate which varies destination to destination. Find all of UIA’s special offers in your flight results on liligo.com when you search for flights to any of their destinations.