Top destinations for charter tickets
Arkia Israeli Airlines (IZ)
Arkia Israel Airlines, known more commonly just as Arkia, is based in Tel Aviv and is the second largest airline in Israel. It operates charter and scheduled flights to destinations in Western Europe and the Mediterranean, 13 countries in total.
- IATA code: IZ
- Number of serviced cities: 19 destinations
- Main hub: Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV)
- Fleet: 12 aircraft
History of Arkia Israel Airlines
Arkia Israel Airlines was founded in 1949 in response to a growing need for a local airline to connect Tel Aviv with the rest of Israel. Scheduled flights began one year later connecting major Israeli cities from north to south. El Al had a 50% stake in the company at its inception along with another labour federation. Through the 1950s the airline continuously grew, operating two flights daily from Tel Aviv to Eilat. New routes were also added to Jerusalem, Sharm-el-Sheikh and Santa Caterina.
More recently in 2007 the airline was given permission to operate scheduled flights to Larnaca in Cyprus and to Dublin. In 2008 the airline's bid for a Tel Aviv to Paris route was approved and the airline currently offers both business and economy services on that flight. For the future, the airline plans to introduce Boeing 737s to its fleet.
Travel with Arkia Israel Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Food served on Arkia flights is certified Kosher and varies depending on type of flight and aircraft.
- Entertainment: Full-length movies are available on all flights longer than 2.5 hours. The airline also provides a complementary copy of Kav Rakia magazine.
- Cabin: Carry-on luggage may exceed neither 5 kg in weight nor 20 x 50 x 25 cm in size.
- Checked: Passengers may check 20 kg of luggage on international flights.
- Excess: There will be an overweight luggage charge should baggage exceed the weight restrictions.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are often special rates from a number of European destinations to Tel Aviv with possible connections to other cities in Israel. Search often on liligo.com or set yourself a price alert.
|Telephone:||+972 3 6902210|
|Departure cities:||Tel Aviv, London, Paris|