Top destinations for airline tickets
Air Austral (UU)
Air Austral defines itself as “the French airline of the Indian Ocean.” Based in Sainte-Marie on Reunion Island, Air Austral operates charter and scheduled flights to destinations around the Indian Ocean and beyond. In Europe it is possible to fly to Paris, Lyon and Marseilles.
- IATA code: UU
- Number of serviced cities: 16 destinations
- Main hub: Roland Garros Airport (RUN)
- Fleet: 10 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Indigo Card, Capricorn
History of Air Austral
Beginning in 1975, Air Austral was inaugurated with the name Reunion Air Service. The first route wasn’t established however until two years later between Reunion Island and Mayotte. In the early 1990s the airline changed its name to Air Austral and was declared the official French regional airline servicing the Indian Ocean. The first Boeing was purchased in 1990 and the second in 1994 and the third in 1997. In the year 2000 Air Austral began to expand its network considerably. South Africa, Comoroes, Mauritius Island, Madagascar, Mayotte and Seychelles Island were all accessible with Air Austral in the early 2000s.
In June of 2003, Air Austral opened its first long-haul flight from Reunion to Paris Charles de Gaulle. Two years later another French destination was added, Marseille and then two years after that Lyon was added to the network. The most recent addition is the route operates from Paris to Sydney.
Travel with Air Austral: practical information
- Meals: Complimentary drinks are served on all flights. There are warm or cold meals served, depending on flight duration and destination.
- Entertainment: There are different video programmes and 2 movies available to watch on individual screens.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger with the sum dimensions of 115 cm and the maximum weight of 5 kg on regional flights and 10 kg on long-haul flights.
- Checked: On all luggages the sum dimensions should not exceed 3m. For flights from France, Bangkok, Sydney and New Caledonia to Reunion Island the maximum is 25 kg. On flights from France to New Caledonia the maximum is 20 kg. For regional flights the weight allowance is 25 kg.
- Excess: Fees vary depending on departure city and destination. On flights for example departing from France and heading to Reunion Island the fee is €10/kg while flights to New Caledonia are subject to €25/extra kilo. The fee for excess baggage between Reunion Island and Maurice is €3/kg while its €5/kg to Johannesburg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Air Austral offers a youth fare on its flights from France the Reunion Island for passengers aged 12-25. Infants can travel free of charge on the lap of their parent. All other special offers from Air Austral can be found in the flight section on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+33 825 013 012|