Are you a fan of a cheeky freebie? If so, check out our info-graphic showing you the best airlines for giving you extra.
Top destinations for airline tickets
Air France direct
Air France direct
Air France direct
Air France (AF)
Air France is France’s national airline. It’s the main pattern of KLM and is also part of the SkyTeam Alliance. Air France services 168 destinations in the world and 36 cities in France with departures from Paris, where the company is based with its hub out of the Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport. From London, catch cheap flights to Paris in style onboard Air France! The Air France-KLM partnership is the leading provider in Europe for long-haul flights.
- IATA Code: AF
- Number of serviced cities: 204 destinations
- Main hub: Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
- Alliance: SkyTeam
- Fleet: 245 aircraft
History of Air France
The history of Air France begins in 1933 with the fusion of the four most important French transport companies. It kept the emblem from Air Orient, that of Hippocamus. The first event marking the history of Air France was the launch of cheap flights to New York from Paris in 1946. At this time however it took around 20 hours to cross the Atlantic. Air France completely modernised their fleet in the 1950’s with the arrival of Lockheed constellation. In 1978, it introduced the Business Class which a lot of other airlines adopted later. Air France was partially privatised in 1999 and entered into alliance with Sky Team with three other airlines. The partnership with KLM was not established until 2000 and finally in 2009 Air France received its first Airbus A380, a double-decker airplane with four engines. It is the largest passenger airliner in the world.
Travel with Air France: practical information
- Meals: The meals are tradition French cuisine. If you follow a strict diet, be sure to advise Air France at least 48 hours before your flight. The design-conscious will appreciate the fact that the airline’s dinner ware was designed by Philippe Starck, a famous French designer.
- Entertainment: Air France offers hundreds of films, both new releases and classics, on long-haul flights. There are cartoons for kids, games, and newspapers available. Most aircrafts are equipped with individual screens.
- Cabin: 1 bag is permitted with the maximum dimensions of 55 x 35 x 25cm, the maximum weight being 12kg plus a handbag (purse, laptop bag, camera bag, etc.)
- Checked: The rules vary according to destinations. For the long-distance flights 1 bag is permitted, with a maximum weight allowance of 23kg. On European flights, 1 piece of checked luggage is permitted weighing up to 23kg and must not be larger than 158cm (height + length + width).
- Excess: On domestic flights, €3 for every extra kg. To other European destinations there is a fee of €12 for every extra kilo and on the long-distance flights €30. Avoid the extra fees and purchase additional baggage allowance up to 30 hours before your flight.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children less than 2 years of age travel for free if they are sitting on the lap of their accompanying adult. There are discounts for those travelling under the age of 25 and over the age of 60.
|Telephone:||0871 66 33 777|
|Departure cities:||London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh|
Latest news from Air France
Well done Air France on your latest in-flight safety video. It's fresh, creative and super fashionable!
Ever wonder what it takes to create the inside of an aircraft? Air France takes us behind the scenes to find out!
Ready to take a trip into the past, to an era when commercial flights were only just beginning and few airlines dominated the skies. From Air France to KLM and others, here’s selection of what airline ads used to look like in the past. Bright colours, hand-painted illustrations and fashionable spreads to tempt travellers to … Continued
Air France's cabin crew are set to strike this coming weekend, possibly causing disruptions during the country's All Saint's holidays.
Have you ever sneaked a text message from your mobile while flying? Did you switch your cell phone on when the flight attendant wasn’t looking, just to see if you got a signal? The use of mobile phones in-flight has been a travel taboo for years, could it be changing? Some airlines are giving the … Continued
Italy’s national airline carrier joined up with Delta Air Lines, Air France-KLM this week in a venture that will take it trans-Atlantic more than ever before. New flight routes are soon to be set up between main hub cities between the USA and Europe. The alliance between Air France, KLM and American Delta Air Lines, … Continued
Skyteam is a decade old airline alliance, the second largest in the world, that recently celebrated its 10th birthday in June by welcoming new airlines to the team: Air Europa, TAROM and Kenya Airways. So, what is an airline alliance and how do they benefit travellers? SkyTeam was originally founded by Aeroméxico, Air France, Delta … Continued
Summer is around the corner and you’re wondering, “How could I even afford a holiday to a tropical island?” Its been a hard year for the travel industry but it seems that the backlash of the financial crisis is letting up and discounts are appearing, encouraging travellers to pull out their suitcases for summer holidays … Continued