Top destinations for airline tickets
All Nippon Airways (NH)
All Nippon Airways, also known as simply ANA, serves Japan with its wide selection of domestic flights and regional services reaching China and Korea. On an international scale there are flights to destinations like Los Angeles, Sydney and London.
- IATA code: NH
- Number of serviced cities: 71 destinations
- Main hub: Narita International Airport (NRT)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 143 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: ANA Mileage Club
History of All Nippon Airways
All Nippon Airways was first known as Nippon Helicopter and Aeroplane when it was founded in December of 1952. The following year, operations began with helicopter services between Osaka and Tokyo. On this same route the company began a passenger service in 1954. In 1955 the company had already expanded to Kyūshū and Sapporo. In 1958 Nippon Helicopter and Aeroplane merged with another airline that was founded at the same time, Far East Airlines. With the two airlines merging as one, they created the largest private airline in all of Japan. The new airline was called All Nippon Airways. In the 1960s new aircraft were added to the fleet. Fujita Airlines merged in 1963 with All Nippon Airways and two years later the first jet service was introduced.
International routes were granted in the 1970s, the first going to Hong Kong. In 1986 flights to Guam were added to the network and later that same year flights to Los Angeles and Washington were added as well. ANA set up a low cost airline Air Next in 2005. In recent years ANA has been named “Airline of the Year” and was also recognized as the most punctual airline between Tokyo and London.
Travel with All Nippon Airways: practical information
- Meals: There is a hot meal served on all long-haul flights. Special meal requests can be accommodated with notice at the time of booking.
- Entertainment: Passengers can enjoy recent movie releases and other television and game programmes on the individual entertainment systems.
- Cabin: Carry-on baggage must not exceed 10 kg and linear dimensions of 115 cm.
- Checked: On flights to the USA there is an allowance of 2 pieces, each with a maximum weight of 23 kg and linear dimensions of 158 cm. On flights to Europe there is a restriction of 20 kg.
- Excess: For flights from Tokyo to London (and vice versa) excess weight is charged £51/kg, to Paris €70, Frankfurt €61 and Bangkok 745THB. Generally the rule is that each excess kilo is charges at a rate of 1.5% of the highest paid adult fare for that particular flight.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find the latest special offers from All Nippon Airways in the flight section on liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0870 837 8811|