Top destinations with low cost tickets
Blue Air (0B)
Blue Air is a Romanian low-cost airline operating out of Bucharest. It has services to European destinations including Vienna, London, Cyprus, Greece, a handful of Italian cities, Portugal and Spain as well. It operates out of Bucharest’s smaller airport, Aurel Vlaicu International Airport, to save on costs for its passengers.
- IATA code: 0B
- Number of serviced cities: 24 destinations
- Main hub: Aurel Vlaicu International Airport (BBU)
- Fleet: 10 aircraft
History of Blue Air
Blue Air was launched in 2004 as the first Romanian airline company with all private equity. For the first time in history Romanians were offered low cost flights to all of the popular European destinations. Blue Air acquired its first aircraft in December of 2004, a Boeing 737. The following year the airline received its second Boeing. In January of 2006 Blue Air began servicing flights from Bucharest to Barcelona and later in February the route Bucharest-Brescia was introduced as well.
Little by little Blue Air began covering the continent, connecting Romania’s capital city to different destinations like Verona, Malaga, Rome, Brussels, Stuttgart, and on to England. In 2008 Blue Air transported more than 2 million passengers.
Travel with Blue Air: practical information
- Meals: There is an in-flight menu from which sandwiches, soups, drinks and other snacks can be purchased at very reasonable prices.
- Entertainment: Blue Air welcomes passengers to bring their own personal reading material or electronics as long as they do not transmit radio signals or disrupt the cockpit’s communication systems.
- Cabin: 1 piece is permitted per passenger with a maximum weight of 7 kg and dimensions 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
- Checked: There is a fee of €10 per piece of checked baggage. It cannot exceed the dimensions of 100 x 80 x 30 cm. Each passenger is allowed 20 kg, which can be divided between 2 bags. If passengers do not specify at booking how many bags they will check and they do wish to check luggage, the fee rises to €20 per piece.
- Excess: If a piece of luggage exceeds 20 kg, there is a fee for the excess weight. For bags with 0-5.9 kg of excess the fee is €10. For bags with 6-10.9 kg of excess the fee is €30. The fees rise from here for bags weighing up to 100kg for a fee of €400.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find all of Blue Air’s special offers on liligo.com in the flight section. Blue Air is always offering seasonal deals as well as specials on newly added routes, so check back often!
|Telephone:||1293 87 49 26|
|Departure cities:||London, Bucharest, Amsterdam, Beauvais, Birmingham|