Top destinations for airline tickets
Cathay Pacific (CX)
Cathay Pacific is the national airline carrier for Hong Kong. The name comes from China’s ancient name, Cathay and Pacific because one of the founders, Roy C. Farrell predicted the airline would cross the Pacific Ocean. Cathay Pacific was one of the founding members of Oneworld.
- IATA code: CX
- Number of serviced cities: 112 destinations
- Main hub: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Fleet: 141 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Asia Miles / The Marco Polo Club
History of Cathay Pacific
In 1946 two ex-air force pilots founded Cathay Pacific. The initial start up cost was HK$2 to register the company name. The inaugural trips were cheap flights to Manila from Hong Kong then on to Shanghai. The airline started with routes between Hong Kong, Sydney, Manila, Singapore, Shanghai and Canton. In 1964 the airline celebrated carrying its millionth passenger. It operated the world’s first direct transpolar flight from New York to Hong Kong. Today Cathay services the main gateway from North America and Europe with cheap flights to Hong Kong.
Travel with Cathay: practical information
- Meals: Cathay flights are equipped with rice cookers, toasters, and skillets ensuring that cooked rice, toast, and eggs come as fresh as possible. Complimentary snacks are available as well as a served hot meal.
- Entertainment: Personal entertainment systems allow passengers to choose from films, American and Asian television programmes, newspapers, magazines, games, music, radio etc.
- Cabin: 1 cabin bag is permitted weighting up to 7kg with maximum dimensions of 56 x 36 x 23cm.
- Checked: Passengers in Economy class can check any number of pieces with the combined weight of 20kg.
- Excess: On flights between Hong Kong and the UK, passengers must pay $60 per additional kilo.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are available discounted rates for children and infants however these must be booked offline.
|Telephone:||+44 (20) 8834 8888|
|Departure cities:||London, Manchester|
Airport lounges are not just places to waste away the hours... they are luxurious stopovers for elite travellers. Are you lucky enough to gain access to one of these lounges?
Cathay Pacific just launched a “sweet”-stakes that have everyone talking. They’re looking for some new desserts to add to their in-flight menu and they’re not turning to celebrity chefs, they’re turning to you! Submit your recipe and you could win a flight to Hong Kong! Cathay Pacific calls it “The Art of Dessert” contest and … Continued
Bargain hunters on the lookout for the cheapest flights to Hong Kong may find what they are searching for with Cathay Pacific Airways. Cheap flights to Hong Kong from London Heathrow, costing from £509 return, can be purchased until July 30th for outbound travel on selected dates, including economy class journeys from August 17th to … Continued