Top destinations for airline tickets
Corsairfly is France’s second largest airline, after the flag carrier Air France. It is based out of Rungis, France but its main hub is Orly Airport in Paris. Corsairfly operates services to more than 60 destinations in Europe, Africa, North America and other overseas French islands and regions. Corsairfly is part of the TUI group.
- IATA code: SS
- Number of serviced cities: 23 destinations (excl. charter destinations)
- Main hub: Orly Airport (ORY)
- Alliance: TUI Airlines
- Fleet: 8 aircraft
History of Corsairfly
Corsairfly was established in the early 1980s as Corse Air International privately and was taken over by Nouvelles Frontières soon after, changing the name to Corsair. Some of the airlines first destinations included ,strong>Reunion, Bangkok, Montreal, New York, Dakar and Los Angeles in the US. Since Nouvelles Frontières is a tour operator, Corsair was used primarily as a charter airline in the 1990s. In September of 2002 the airline group TUI took total control of Corsair.
After this the airline launched a website, a marketing campaign and began regularly scheduled flights to Morocco (Fez and Marrakech) and Canada (Montreal and Moncton) from Paris. In 2007 the airline began fitting in to the TUI group by taking on “fly” at the end of their name, now being know as Corsairfly. The airline made its first partnership with Air Canada to better serve destinations and routes between France and Canada. In recent years Corsairfly began opening more routes in Europe, paying particular attention to destinations around the Mediterranean, the route Lyon-Antilles for example.
Travel with Corsairfly: practical information
- Meals: On long-haul flights there is a choice between two menus. In case of a special diet, Corsairfly gives you the option to choose at the time of booking between vegetarian, kosher, fish diet, diabetic, low sodium and Hindu. There are also baby meals available.
- Entertainment: There is a communal screen for all passengers that displays news reports, special programming and films. It is possible to rent and individual portable DVD player for the duration of the flight for €10.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger is permitted with a maximum weight of 5 kg. The dimensions can be no larger than 115cm (height + length + width).
- Checked: To Cuba, Maurice, Mayotte, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Kenya and Reunion passengers can bring up to 25 kg each. Passengers to Israel are permitted 20 kg while passengers to Madagascar can bring 30 kg. Passengers on flights to the French Antilles, St. Martin, Haiti and Dakar are permitted 2 pieces with a combined weight of 40 kg. For passengers headed to Canada, 2 bags are permitted, each with a maximum weight of 23 kg.
- Excess: All excess baggage is subject to a fee between €10 and €15, except Canada where the fee is €50.
Discounts and Special Offers
Corseairfly gives family discounts for certain destinations. For groups of up to 6 people there is a 10% credit given to each passenger in the group be used on a later flight on flights to Martinique, Guadeloupe and Reunion Island. For all other Corsairfly offers, check out the flight section on liligo.com.