Top destinations with low cost tickets
easyJet is a British low-cost airline, based at London Luton Airport, that flies all over Europe to countries like France, Germany, Italy and even offers cheap flights to Reykjavik in Iceland! It has a network of more than 600 routes in 32 countries. With more than 200 aircraft under its reigns, easyJet has become one of the biggest airlines in Europe, the favourite for low cost travel.
- IATA code: U2
- Number of serviced cities: 134 destinations
- Main hub: London Luton Airport (LTN)
- Fleet: 202 aircraft
History of easyJet
easyJet was founded in 1995 by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou and began operations with just two Boeing 737s on two routes, cheap flights to Glasgow from London and flights to Edinburgh, also from London. In April of 1996 easyJet finally took ownership of its first aircraft and in celebration opened their first international route from London to Amsterdam. Today easyJet has an incredible network that covers all of Europe and even Iceland and Egypt.
Travel with easyJet: practical information
- Meals: There is no free catering on board but there is an in-flight menu from which passengers can purchase different meals, snacks and beverages.
- Entertainment: easyJet has an in-flight magazine that is available to take home. Otherwise passengers are welcomed to bring their own reading material for the flight.
- Cabin: 1 piece of standard hand luggage is allowed with maximum dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25 cm. It is guaranteed to travel with you in the cabin however, if it’s 50 x 40 x 20cm.
- Checked: Each passenger may bring up to 3 pieces of checked-in luggage with a maximum combined weight of 20kg. There is a fee for checked luggage which can be paid at the time of booking for £30 per flights, otherwise at the airport, for £45 per flight.
- Excess: Each excess kilo above 20 kg is subject to a fee, £3 per kilo online and £10/kilo at the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
easyJet consistently offers some of the lowest fares on flights in Europe. Infants travel for free on easyJet as long as they travel on the laps of their parents/guardians.
|Telephone:||0871 244 2366|
|Departure cities:||London, Manchester, Bristol, Southend on sea, Liverpool|