Top destinations for airline tickets
Based in Dubai, Emirates is the airline of choice to and from the United Arab Emirates. Emirates operates regional flights to the Middle-East and to most major cities in continental Africa, Asia and Europe. From Newcastle, Manchester, London, and Birmingham, it’s possible to catch cheap flights to Dubai in less than 8 hours.
- IATA code: EK
- Number of serviced cities: 142 destinations
- Main hub: Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- Fleet: 227
- Loyalty rewards program: Skywards
History of Emirates
The idea for Emirates was conceived in the mid-eighties with the financial support of the royal family at the same time that Gulf Air began to cut back its service to Dubai. The first flight took place on the 25th of October, 1985 between Dubai and Karachi. From here, the airline added flights to Bombay and Delhi. The airline was successful almost immediately and new destinations were added to an increasingly large network. A daily non-stop service to London Gatwick began in July of 1987. In the same year cheap flights to Frankfurt and Singapore began. Today Emirates operates non-stop flights all over the world. Terminal 3 at Dubai International Airport is used solely by Emirates.
Travel with Emirates: practical information
- Meals: Complimentary drinks are available (including spirits, beer, wines, etc.) as well both lunch and dinner, which are served on long-haul flights.
- Entertainment: In-flight entertainment systems offer around 600 channels to choose from (movies, television series, music, news, etc.).
- Cabin: 1 piece weighing up to 7kg with dimensions 55 x 38 x 20cm maximum.
- Checked: 1 standard-sized piece is permitted with a weight of up to 30kg.
- Excess: Each excess kilo is charged a fee of £25 at the airport check-in counter.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants are offered discounted adult fares and must travel on the lap of their accompanying adult or in a bassinet. Separate seats may be purchased if the child travels in a car seat. Children aged 2-11 are also offered a discounted adult fare ticket.
|Telephone:||0844 800 2777|
|Departure cities:||Manchester, London, Birmingham|