Top destinations for airline tickets
Eva Air direct
Eva Air direct
Eva Air (BR)
Eva Airways is a Taiwanese airline that operates from Taiwan. Eva Airways services more than 40 international destinations in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America. This airline connects travellers to various destinations in Asia with departures from Brussels, London as well as other European capitals.
- IATA code: BR
- Number of serviced cities: 50 destinations
- Main hub: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
- Fleet: 55 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Evergreen Club
History of EVA Airways
EVA Airways was founded in March of 1989 by the Evergreen Marine Corporation. It was the first private international airline in Taiwan. The first operations began in July of 1991 with flights operated by a fleet of Boeing which had both Business and Economy seating. The first destinations were Bangkok, Seoul, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta. By 1992 EVA Airways had added its first destination in the USA, Los Angeles. It was one of the first airlines in the world to introduce a Premium Economy class in its aircraft.
In the 1990s EVA Airways acquired shares in a few domestic airlines, expanding their regional network significantly. The early 2000s are marked by the airlines efforts to renew its fleet. Many new aircraft were purchased for their long-haul routes. Like most Asian airlines, EVA Airways was also affected by the 2002 SARS outbreak, reducing passenger numbers significantly to Southeast Asia. Since 2007 EVA Airways has operated a non-stop service to New York City and to Paris since 2008. The most recent destination to be added to EVA Airways network is Toronto, as of March of 2010.
Travel with EVA Airways: practical information
- Meals: There is a choice of Mediterranean and Asian dishes available during the flight. Special meal requests are accepted up to 24 hours in advance of the flight departure.
- Entertainment: Each passenger has their own in-flight entertainment system programmed with movies, music, games, etc.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of hand baggage into the cabin. It should not be larger than 56 x 36 x 23 cm and should weigh less than 7 kg.
- Checked: In most cases passenger are permitted to check 2 pieces of luggage, each weighing 23 kg with the maximum dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height).
- Excess: Luggage that is over the free baggage allowance but less than 32 kg is subject to a fee of US $32. If the luggage is over 32 kg there is a fee of US $75-130 depending on your destination and departure city.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find the best EVA Airways offers on liligo.com when you search for flights to any of EVA Airways’ destinations.
|Telephone:||+44 20 7380 8300|