Top destinations for airline tickets
Iberia 1 stop
TAP Air Portugal 1 stop
Iberia 1 stop
Vueling 1 stop
Iberia is Spain’s flag carrier and the largest airline in the country. The official name is Iberia Líneas Aéreas de España. The company is based at Madrid Barajas Airport. Iberia is part of the Oneworld alliance and has flights to hundreds of destinations in Europe as well as throughout the rest of the world. This airline transports almost 3 million passengers every year.
- IATA Code: IB
- Number of serviced cities: 75 destinations
- Main hub: Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD)
- Fleet: 74 aircraft
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Rewards program: Iberia Plus
History of Iberia
Iberia is one of the oldest airline companies in the world. Founded in 1927 with the help of the investment from Lufthansa, Iberia flew for the first time in 1927. Iberia was an innovative company on many levels: it was the first airline to provide commercial flights from Europe to South America in 1946, opened soon after that a shuttle route with cheap flights to Barcelona from Madrid, and was the first airline in Europe to initiate a customer rewards program. The 1950’s marked the first cheap flights to New York from Spain. In 1981, Iberia, with very tight security, flew Pablo Picasso’s Guernica on a flight from New York to Spain. Iberia was one of the first airlines with a website. Today Iberia works in close partnership with British Airways and is still one of the most historically important airlines with strong personality bringing innovation and quality service to passengers.
Travel with Iberia: practical information
- Meals: In Economy class, on domestic flights, on flights to other European destinations or with destinations in North Africa, there are snacks and sandwiches for sale. On longer flights, the menu is carefully prepared and changed every month and designed by Spanish chef Sergi Arola. Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are also available.
- Entertainment: A main screen shows both Spanish and international films, subtitled in English or in Spanish. Iberia provides headsets and a copy of their magazine for all passengers.
- Cabin: 1 piece of luggage which is no larger than 56 x 45 x 25cm.
- Checked: Passengers are permitted to bring 1 piece of hold luggage free of charge. It cannot be heavier than 23kg and be no larger than 158cm (height + width + length) without incurring a fee.
- Excess: Bags over the weight restriction will be fined €60. The fee for checking an additional piece of luggage is €30 online and €60 at the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
For children the discounts vary depending on destination. Infants less than 2 years old who are sitting on the laps of their accompanying adult must also pay for a ticket which costs 10% of the adult fare. Children aged 2-11 also benefit from a discounted fare: they pay 50% of the value of an adult fare. Iberia does not offer discounts for seniors.
|Telephone:||0 870 609 0500|
|Departure cities:||London, Manchester|