Top destinations for airline tickets
Icelandair is the largest airline company in Iceland. Based in Reykjavik, Icelandair currently has 23 destinations in Europe, the USA, and Canada. From London there are four flights daily to Reykjavik.
- IATA code: FI
- Number of serviced cities: 24 destinations
- Main hub: Keflavík International Airport (KEF)
- Fleet: 22 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Saga Club
History of Icelandair
Icelandair was founded in 1937 as Flugfélag Akureyrar in Akureyri. Flights began in 1938 using a floatplane. In the 1940s the airline moved from Akureyri to Reykjavík concentrating until the mid-1940s on domestic flights. In 1945 Icelandair flew to its first international destinations in Scotland and Denmark. In the 1970s the name Icelandair was adopted and began regular flights connecting Europe and the USA. In 1997 Icelandair established a smaller subsidiary airline called Air Iceland. It operates domestic and short-haul routes.
Travel with Icelandair: practical information
- Meals: There are sandwiches, snacks and drinks available for purchase on all flights.
- Entertainment: There are movies, televisions shows, games and music on built-in entertainment systems. Bring your own headphones or buy a pair onboard for 3€.
- Cabin: 1 piece of hand baggage is permitted per passenger. It may not be heavier than 6 kg or larger than 55 x 35 x 25 cm.
- Checked: Passengers flying within Europe may check 20 kg of luggage while passengers flying transatlantic flights may check 2 pieces, each weighing 23 kg.
- Excess: There are fees for overweight luggage which vary depending on destination and departure city.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are both child and infant fares. Find special offers and cheap flights from Icelandair to many European and North American destinations by searching on lilig.com.
|Telephone:||845 758 11 11|