To celebrate the Christmas period, Jet2holidays are offering travellers the chance to win a prize a day with their holiday advent calendar!
Top destinations with low cost tickets
British Airways direct
Jet2 is a low-cost British airline operating out of Leeds Bradford International Airport. It has bases at eight different UK airports (Belfast, Blackpool, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle) as well as one in Spain (Alicante). This friendly low cost airline currently flies to 65 destinations, with cheap flights to Barcelona and Spain in particular.
- IATA code: LS
- Number of serviced cities: 65
- Main hub: Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA)
- Fleet: 54 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: myJet2
History of Jet2
Jet2 is a subsidiary of an aviation group called Dart Group PLC. The airline began commercial operations in 1978 initially only as freight. In 2002 the airline began passenger services to international cities but operated mainly short and medium-haul flights. It was in 2006 that the airline was renamed Jet2 and when it changed its home base from Bournemouth to where it is now located in Leeds. Jet2 opened more bases at other UK airports due to growing passenger numbers and increased its fleet in 2005 with some larger Boeings.
The airline carried 600,000 passengers in 2003 alone and their numbers have increased ever since. The Dart Group launched Jet2holidays, offering traveller’s holiday packages with Jet2 flights, launching cheap flights to New York as part of the same project. Today Jet2 carries around 4 million passengers per year on its scheduled and charter flight network. Jet2 also carries Royal Mail on overnight contracts.
Travel with Jet2: practical information
- Meals: Snacks and drinks are available for purchase. You can also purchase an in-flight meal online if you choose. The airline can accommodate vegetarian diets.
- Entertainment: There is an in-flight magazine.
- Cabin: 1 item with a maximum weight of 10kg with dimensions of 56 x 45 x 25cm.
- Checked: There is a maximum of 3 bags but these cannot exceed 22kg each.
- Excess: The charge is £12/kg and no single bag can weigh more than 32kg.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants under the age of 2 may travel for the fee of £15 and are to sit on the lap of a fare paying adult. Children older than 2 must pay the adult fare.
|Telephone:||0871 226 1 737 (10p/min)|
|Departure cities:||Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow|