Top destinations with low cost tickets
jetBlue is an American low-cost company that services 55 destinations in 10 different countries in the Americas including the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Colombia and Costa Rica. It is based out of Queens, New York from the John f. Kennedy International Airport.
- IATA code: B6
- Number of serviced cities: 60 destinations
- Main hub: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Fleet: 151 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: TrueBlue
History of JetBlue
Founded in 1999 with the name NewAir, jetBlue followed Southwest Airline’s footsteps in offering the American people low cost flight options for travel in the US and to the Americas. What distinguishes jetBlue from Southwest however are their amenities (in-flight entertainment, etc.), something the airline wanted to make known from the beginning. Operations formally started on February 11th, 2000. jetBlue is one of the only airlines that reported a profit in the months and year that followed the September 11th terrorist attacks in New York City. In 2002 the airline added and expanded their entertainment system, installing individual screens for each passenger and programming them with satellite radio, Fox television shows and 20th Century Fox films.
Unlike many domestic airlines in the USA, jetBlue does not charge for its snacks and refreshments served on board their flights. Their first international route from New York City to the Dominican Republic opened in 2004. This was only the start of expanding their network to the rest of the American continents. While experiencing serious profit-loss in 2005, the airline managed to pull themselves out of it and recover even more prosperously than before by 2007. In 2008 jetBlue participated in a number of public campaigns: it was on official sponsor in The Simpson’s Movie; it operated Sarah Palin’s campaign aircraft and the airline switched to eco-friendly pillows and blankets from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Travel with JetBlue: practical information
- Meals: Although no formal meals are served, there is a wide array of complimentary snacks available including crisps, cookies, salted nuts and crackers. There are also many refreshments as well as coffee and tea.
- Entertainment: Each individual entertainment system is programmed with satellite TV, films, satellite radio and the cabin is equipped with free Wi-Fi.
- Cabin: One bag is permitted on-board for each passenger. It must be able to fit in the overhead compartment. jetBlue currently does not have any weight limitations on carry-on luggage.
- Checked: 1 piece is permitted free of charge and must not exceed 23 kg or the overall dimensions of 160 cm (length + width + height).
- Excess: There is a fee of $30 to check a second bag, $75 to check a third. Each bag, if overweight or oversized will be subject to additional fees from $50-$100. These are paid at the check-in desk at the airport. No overweight luggage is accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic.
Discounts and Special Offers
jetBlue, being a low cost airline, offers many great discounted fares, all of which are updated regularly in liligo.com’s flight section. Look for flights from New York City to the Bahamas or to Boston!
|Telephone:||+1 801 365 2525|
|Departure cities:||Grand Cayman, Kingston, New York, Port of Spain, Atlanta|
We're loving JetBlue's latest #FlightEtiquette campaign, which features tips on how not to be an annoying passenger.
If you travel with a laptop and a smart phone, you're used to being connected all the time. Now, airline companies around the world are getting on board with in-flight wifi access for both laptops and mobile phones. While not free just yet, these airlines at least offer the service.
JetBlue is doing it again! They're offering their BluePasses for a limited time only for unlimited flights within a three-month period in the USA, departing from either Boston or Long Beach. Perfect for business travellers or those who have incurable wanderlust!
A big draw to travelling is the chance to taste new foods around the world. Imagine you can taste foods from every culture by travelling to just one place. New York City is the location and Restaurant Week is the reason. As if anyone needs an excuse to dine out in New York, but this … Continued
JetBlue, an American low cost airline adds a new destination to their exciting network of flights, Monego Bay, Jamaica. There is now non-stop service from Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS) and Monego Bay’s Sangster International Airport (MBJ) on Saturdays. This is the airlines 33rd non-stop flight from Boston. The flight was inaugurated on the 10th … Continued