Top destinations for airline tickets
Kenya Airways 1 stop
Kenya Airways 1 stop
Kenya Airways (KQ)
Kenya Airways was founded in the late 1970s and has been operating domestic and international flights from Embakasi, Nairobi to Africa, Europe and Asia ever since. Kenya Airways is a member of SkyTeam, one of the largest airline alliances in the world.
- IATA code: KQ
- Number of serviced cities: 46 destinations
- Main hub: Jomo Keyatta International Airport (NBO)
- Fleet: 29 aircraft
- Alliance: SkyTeam
- Loyalty rewards program: Flying Blue
History of Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways was founded in 1977 after East African Airways dissolved. Until 1996 the airline was wholly owned by the government of Kenya. The privatization process was long and in the meantime the airline continued to grow, adding more routes to accommodate its passenger numbers. In 1995 KLM became a major shareholder in the airline while the rest of the company remained public.
In 2005 Kenya Airways was awarded African Airline of the Year for the fifth time in the previous seven years. Two years later the airline was welcomed into SkyTeam, the world's second largest airline alliance.
Travel with Kenya Airways: practical information
- Meals: Meals include an appetizer, entrée, dessert and bread roll. Drinks are also complimentary.
- Entertainment: From new release movies, dozens of music stations, TV channels and Msafiri Magazine, it's unlikely that you'll be bored during your flight on Kenya Airways.
- Cabin: Each passenger may bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage on-board. It may not be heavier than 10 kg or larger than 56 x 36 x 20 cm).
- Checked: On long haul flights from London, passengers are permitted 2 pieces, each weighing up to 23 kg.
- Excess: Excess charges must be paid upon check-in. If you plan to carry extra luggage, please contact the airline directly for charges.
Discounts and Special Offers
For information on the latest discounts on flights with Kenya Airways, launch a search on liligo.com. Flying Blue miles can be used to purchase flights on Kenya Airways as well.
|Telephone:||+44 20 82831800|