Kuwait Airways is another leading airline operating in the Arab Emirates. The location of Kuwait allows Kuwait Air to link with the GCC countries, the sub-continent of India and Asia with Europe, and the USA.
- IATA code: KU
- Number of serviced cities: 44 destinations
- Main hub: Kuwait International Airport
- Alliance: Arab Air Carriers Organization
- Fleet: 21 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Oasis Club / Maraheb
History of Kuwait Airways
Kuwait Airways was established in 1954 at the same time as the oil boom in the Middle East in the 1940s. Originally Kuwait Airways began servicing a flight route network to Abadan, Beirut, Jerusalem and Damascus. Within just a few years the airline was completely taken over by the government. In the 1960s Kuwait Airways joined the jet era by outfitting its fleet with Comets. With new aircraft the airline expanded its destinations with frequent flights to London. By the 1970s Kuwait Airways’ fleet consisted solely of Boeings. In 1978 flights to New York City and Manila were added to the network.
In the 1980s Kuwait Airways was the victim of two different hijacking incidents during the Iran-Iraq War. At this time also the Kuwait Airways headquarters was destroyed along with 42 of its aircrafts, leaving the airline no other option except to re-launch. Presently the airline aims to extend its services to 47 different countries and to continue to offer passengers safe and comfortable journeys.
Travel with Kuwait Airways: practical information
- Meals: There is a scheduled mail service on all medium and long haul flights. Passengers may also reserve a special meal if they need.
- Entertainment: Passengers can enjoy a wide variety of movies and audio programming during the flights. There is also in-flight shopping available.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger is allowed in the cabin with a maximum weight of 5 kg and size of 56 x 36 x 23 cm. As well passengers may bring an umbrella, over coat, purse, reading material and camera.
- Checked: Each passenger may check up to 20 kg of free baggage allowance on all flights except those to USA and Canada, at which time passengers can check 2 pieces each with a weight of 23 kg.
- Excess: There is a fee for all excess baggage. These fees must be paid at the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find all of Kuwait Airways special offers and discounts on flights listed in your search results to Kuwait Airways destinations on liligo.com.