Top destinations for airline tickets
Loganair is a low cost Scottish airline. It is based out of Glasgow and operates domestic flights in Scotland as well as flights to England and Ireland. Loganair and Flybe work conjointly to provide a more extensive service in the UK. Loganair also operates an Air Ambulance service to more remote destinations in Scotland.
- IATA code: LC
- Number of serviced cities: 31 destinations
- Main hub: Glasgow International Airport (GLA)
- Fleet: 24 aircraft
History of Loganair
Loganair was first founded in 1962 as a taxi service from Edinburgh. It had just one aircraft but it was very quickly apparent that there was a need for scheduled air service in Scotland. The airline’s network quickly grew to include Scotland’s remote islands. In 1964 service began to Orkney and in 1970 to Shetland. Loganair began an Air Ambulance service in 1967 to assist places like Coll, Colonsay, Oronsay, Mull and Oban. Loganair works in conjunction with the Scottish Ambulance Service for this project. By the end of the 1970s Loganair was concentrating mainly on Northern Ireland to expand their network.
In 1980 Loganair took over British Airway’s route Belfast to Edinburgh. Slowly Loganair began routes to other UK destination cities like Manchester. In the 1990s Loganair officially became the second franchise airline for British Airways, sharing routes between the UK and Scotland. In 2008 Loganair stopped its connections with British Airways after 14 years to take up another one with the UK’s leading low cost airline Flybe. Loganair continues to expand its services with routes and in-flight comforts for its passengers.
Travel with Loganair: practical information
- Meals: There is a catering service only on certain flights. This depends on length of flight and destination. Loganair does not accommodate special diets.
- Entertainment: Passengers can bring their own music and DVD devices to use during the flight as long as they do not interfere with aircraft navigation aids. Items like laptops, MP3 players, iPods and portable DVD players are permitted. Also bring along your own reading material.
- Cabin: Each passenger can bring 1 piece of cabin baggage. The maximum weight is 6 kg and must not exceed the dimensions 45 x 30 x 23 cm. Other personal items may be taking on top of this restriction including reading material, overcoat, umbrella, camera, etc.
- Checked: There is a maximum of 1 piece of luggage that can weigh up to 20 kg on all Loganair flights. For passengers that connect directly to a British Airways service to London the weight restriction is 23 kg per person.
- Excess: Excess baggage is only accepted if there is space available at a charge of £10. The maximum weight permitted in 30 kg. Any additional pieces of luggage can be check for a fee of £10.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants under the age of two can travel free on the laps of the accompanying adults. Children between the ages of 3 and 11 can travel at a discounted rate of 33% of the adult ticket. For further Loganair discounts and special offers, check liligo.com.
|Telephone:||0871 700 2000|