Wondering which airline offers the most on time arrivals? FlightStats have revealed the top 10 airlines for on time performance in November 2016.
Top destinations for airline tickets
Lufthansa is Germany’s national airline. Based out of Frankfurt and Munich, it serves almost 200 destinations in Europe and the world. Lufthansa is a member of Star Alliance transports more than 70 million passengers each year.
- IATA code: LH
- Number of serviced cities: 215 destinations
- Main hub: Frankfurt Airport (FRA), Franz Josef Strauss Airport, Munich (MUC)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 282 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Miles & More
History of Lufthansa
Lufthansa was founded in 1926 and started with cheap flights to Beijing that year, quite a feat at that time! After WWII, the airline was re-founded on different terms and flights resumed in April of 1955. Lufthansa was revitalised in the sixties with the arrival of its first jets and cheap flights to Berlin were re-launched in 1990, the first since the war. Star Alliance is founded with the partnership of 4 other airlines and Lufthansa in 1997. In 2005, the company celebrated their 50 year anniversary of their work after the Second World War and prepared to make its first flights with the new Airbus A380.
Travel with Lufthansa: practical information
- Meals: A hot meal service is offered on long-haul flights longer than 3 hours in length. On shorter flights, there is a snack and refreshment served. 26 special menus are available if you have a special diet or allergies but they must be reserved before your flight.
- Entertainment: There are individual screens on the long-haul flights. Dozens of films are available in several languages. There is also music and an in-flight magazine available.
- Cabin: 1 piece of luggage is permitted as long as it’s not larger than 55 x 40 x 23cm and that does not weigh more than 8kg.
- Checked: On international flights, 1 bag with a maximum weight of 23kg is allowed, with certain exceptions.
- Excess: For bags that weigh between 24-32kg, the fee is €50 on European flights and €100 on intercontinental ones. An additional piece of luggage can be checked for €75 on European flights and €150 on intercontinental flights.
Discounts and Special Offers
Children between 2 and 11 years old pay 75% of the adult price. There are no discounts for seniors.
|Departure cities:||London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh|
Latest news from Lufthansa
Lufthansa pilots are set to strike again this week, affecting flights from Germany to both short and long haul destinations.
Don't be slammed with sneaky additional luggage fines just before your holiday. Read our guide for all the information you need to fly with Lufthansa.
Are you a fan of a cheeky freebie? If so, check out our info-graphic showing you the best airlines for giving you extra.
Tomato juice is one of the most popular drinks served in-flight. Wondering just why this juice is so popular? There's a very simple, scientific explanation.
Love airline food so much you want to eat it at home? Now you can! Air Food One is a new home-delivery service, bringing Lufthansa's inflight catering to your door.
Lufthansa, Germany's national carrier, takes home the prize of Best Airline in Europe at the World Travel Awards while easyJet wins for best low cost.
Best low cost airline, best airport, best destination… The World Travel Awards revealed the best in travel on December 12th in its annual travel awards ceremony in New Delhi. Here are Europe’s biggest winners. The World Travel Awards are like the Oscars of the tourism industry, prestigious awards for the best actors in tourism and … Continued
Airport lounges are not just places to waste away the hours... they are luxurious stopovers for elite travellers. Are you lucky enough to gain access to one of these lounges?
Bogota is a hot destination this summer like never before. It's been cleaning up its act and foreigners are noticing. Fly London - Bogota for £469 with Lufthansa and Continental.