Top destinations for airline tickets
Malaysia Airlines (MH)
Malaysia Airlines is the government-owned airline representing Malaysia in the sky. Malaysia Airlines operates out of the nation’s capital in Kuala Lumpur and operates a network of flights in Southeast Asia, Middle East, Europe, and Australia. It holds the record for the longest non-commercial, non-stop flight from Seattle to Kuala Lumpur, passing Africa and Europe. It is among the 6 airlines chosen by Skytrax to hold a 5-star rating.
- IATA code: MH
- Number of serviced cities: 85 destinations
- Main hub: Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
- Fleet: 85 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Enrich / Grads
History of Malaysia Airlines
Malayan Airlines Limited was registered with the Ocean Steamship Company in October of 1937 but it did not begin to carry passengers until the 2nd of April, 1947 on a charter flight from the British Straits Settlement of Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. The airline opened public routes in 1957, expanding rapidly when flying became more popular to the middle-class after the war. In 1957 the first long-haul flight was introduced, to Hong Kong and officially changed its name from Malayan to Malaysia Airlines.
In 1972 Malaysia Airlines introduced the flight Kuala Lumpur to London. The same year flights to Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt were also launched. The airline was boosted by the economic boom in the 1980s. The airline experienced some economic loss in the late 1990s and then again in the early 2000s but completely recovered in 2003 achieving its highest profit ever. The “Everyday Low Fares” program began in 2008, an initiative to increase passenger number on unpopular routes. The rates include up to 30% discounts on seats.
Travel with Malaysia Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Enjoy farm-fresh ingredients on all meals served on flights with international destinations. Sri Lankan tea is served after the meal. Specialty meals are available as well; choose at the time of booking.
- Entertainment: All aircraft are outfitted with individual on-demand screens programmed with television shows, movies, music, games and more.
- Cabin: 1 piece with total dimensions of 115cm and a weight of 5kg.
- Checked: Each passenger is entitled to 20 kg of luggage.
- Excess: There is a charge of MYR15 (approx. 3£) per extra kilo for flight inside Malaysia. All other destinations are subject to a different fee.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants less than 2 years old are eligible for a special fare that is 10% of the adult fare. Children aged 2 to 11 pay 75% of the adult fare. All other special offers are updated frequently on Liligo.com.
|Telephone:||+44 0 871 423 9090|
Malaysia Airlines takes the plunge and tries to sell off its entire fleet of Airbus A380s during restructuring.
Malaysia Airlines is receiving a new wave of media attention thanks to Tweets send out by its CEO about the airline's baby-ban policy to continue on their new Airbus fleet.