Qatar Airways operates out of Doha, Qatar. This airline serves the Middle East with regional flights and also further afield with cheap flights to San Francisco on offer with partner airlines. It is among 6 airlines chosen by Skytrax for 5-star service. Most of Europe is connected to the Middle-East with Qatar Airways, including London and Manchester.
- IATA code: QR
- Number of serviced cities: 144 destinations
- Main hub: Doha International Airport (DOH)
- Fleet: 134 aircraft
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Loyalty rewards program: Qatar Airways Privilege Club (Qmiles)
History of Qatar
Qatar Airways was founded in 1993 and began operating flights the following year. It was owned originally by members of the royal family but was re-launched under new management in 1997. Qatar Airways launched cheap flights to London in 1997, their first destination in the UK. Now the airline is owned half by the state and half by private investors. Today Qatar Airways links Doha to over 80 destinations worldwide. The airline became a full member of the Oneworld alliance in 2013.
Travel with Qatar: practical information
- Meals: There are many options and passengers on every flight can choose from a 5-star restaurant meal served hot. There are special meals provided for diabetics, gluten-free, vegetarian and other dietary requirements.
- Entertainment: Each passenger can enjoy a personal entertainment system to view films, television shows, news, music, and even take Arabic lessons!
- Cabin: 1 piece that does not exceed 7kg and dimensions of 50 x 37 x 25cm.
- Checked: Generally two pieces of luggage are permitted, each at 23kg with maximum dimensions of 158cm (length + width + height).
- Excess: All excess weight is subject to a per kilo fee, depending on destination and departure city. Save money by reserved your excess luggage online before going to the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
There are student discounts available on specific routes. All other cheap flights offers can be found by launching a search on liligo.com.