Top destinations for airline tickets
Royal Jordanian (RJ)
Jordan's national air carrier, Royal Jordanian Airlines, was established as a result of a royal decree that Jordan should have an airline. The airline is based in the capital city of Amman and operates flights to four continents, including Europe. From London, passengers can reach Amman in five and a half hours.
- IATA code: RJ
- Number of serviced cities: 57 destinations
- Main hub: Queen Alia International Airport (AMM)
- Fleet: 31 aircraft
- Alliance: Oneworld
- Loyalty rewards program: Royal Plus
History of Royal Jordanian Airlines
Royal Jordanian Airlines was established in 1963 by royal decree of King Hussein and was originally named after his daughter, Alia. The first destinations in the network were Kuwait City, Beirut and Cairo from Amman. The first destination in Europe was Rome. In 1968 more destinations were added like Nicosia, Dhahran, Doha, Munich and Istanbul. In the 1970s and 1980s Royal Jordanian Airlines added many destinations in Europe, some in Asia and their first North American one, New York City.
In the 1990s Royal Jordanian Airlines began using the Galileo Reservations System, a way for their passengers to purchase airline tickets by computer directly instead of through travel agencies. In 1996 it established a domestic subsidiary airline named Royal Wings. In 2007 Royal Jordanian Airlines joined Oneworld, one of the biggest airline alliances in the world. Presently it flies to almost sixty destinations and continues to promote international tourism to Jordanians in efforts to share cultural experiences and establish positive connections with other cultures.
Travel with Royal Jordanian Airlines: practical information
- Meals: Passengers have the option of either a beef, fish or poultry dish on all flights longer than 2 hours. Pre-order special meals that suit dietary and religious needs.
- Entertainment: Films are screened on longer flights. There are 6 different films which have been edited to suit all passengers on-board.
- Cabin: 1 piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per person that may not be heavier than 7 kg or larger than 23 x 41 x 51 cm.
- Checked: Each Economy passenger may check 20 kg of free baggage allowance. The sum of each piece should not exceed 158 cm (length + height + width).
- Excess: There is a fee of 100$ per bag that weighs more than 23 kg. To check an additional piece of luggage there is a fee of $175.
Discounts and Special Offers
Find great offers from Royal Jordanian Airlines by searching for flights on liligo.com, the ultimate traveller’s search engine.
|Telephone:||+44 08719 112 112|