Top destinations for airline tickets
Thai Airways (TG)
Thai Airways is Thailand’s flag carrier airline. From Bangkok, Thai Airways flies to 78 destinations all over the world. Catch cheap flights to Los Angeles from Bangkok onboard Thai Airways and you can be sure you’re on one of the longest non-stop flights in the world!
- IATA code: TG
- Number of serviced cities: 78 destinations
- Main hub: Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Alliance: Star Alliance
- Fleet: 93 aircraft
- Loyalty rewards program: Royal Orchid Plus
History of Thai Airways
Thai Airways began as a joint contract between Scandinavian Airlines System and Thai Airways Company. It was not until 1971 that the first intercontinental flight took place, bound for Australia. The following year connections were made to Europe and then later in 1980 to North America. In 1977 the Thai government bought out SAS and the airline became fully owned by the government. In 2005 the airline went through a re-branding period, changing its logo and livery, at the same time as the arrival of several new aircraft. The same year Thai Airways added new cheap flights to New York City, which have now been discontinued, leaving Los Angeles the only North American destination.
Travel with Thai Airways: practical information
- Meals: Quality hot meals are served on all flights. As well, there is a complimentary bar with many refreshments as well. Thai Airways can accommodate any special diet if they are given at least 24 hours notice before departure.
- Entertainment: Individual touch-screen entertainment systems are programmed with films, television shows, news, music, radio, games, etc.
- Cabin: In addition to a personal item (like a coat, laptop or purse), passengers can bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage that is no larger than 115cm (length + height + width) that is not heavier than 7kg.
- Checked: Economy class passengers on international flights are permitted to bring one piece of luggage weighing up to 20kg.
- Excess: All excess kilos are charged at a standard excess baggage rate of 1.5% of the highest paid Economy class adult fare. This depends as well on the destination.
Discounts and Special Offers
Thai Airways offers discounts for seniors and youth on domestic flights.