Temple Street Market, considered one of the world’s top places to shop, is the reason some travellers hit up Hong Kong on their Asian tour. It’s a wild frenzy of shops and bartering, can you take the pressure? Fly from London for £433 to find out!
Temple St. is the best place in Hong Kong to…
- Put the local chess geniuses to the test. Challenge them to a game, either for fun or money.
- Scour the selection for that perfect piece of jade, a precious stone believed by the Chinese to ward off evil spirits. Whether you believe this or not, it’s pretty!
- Satisfy your hunger at one of the many open-air restaurants. Local cuisine is scrumptious so try something new.
- Get your fortune told by a talking parrot. Don’t ask Polly if she wants a cracker, just sit back and see what these birds with years of wisdom have to say.
- Shop for Dad without breaking a sweat. Temple Street is famous for selling men’s clothing, so pick up your Father’s Day tie early.
[search departure=”London” arrival=”Hong Kong” depday=”27″ depmonthyear=”03/2011″ retday=”12″ retmonthyear=”04/2011″]
Temple Street Market, located in Yau Ma Tei in Kowloon is mainly a night market, opening around 2pm in the afternoon and getting livelier around sunset. So sleep in, you don’t have to worry about missing anything!
The cheapest time of the year to travel to Hong Kong is February-March, so if you’ve got the itching for some choice shopping on the other side of the world, act quick. Qantas is offering this hot deal but it’s set to expire on February 15th, 2011.