Top destinations with low cost tickets
Wizz Air 1 stop
Pegasus Airlines 1 stop
Wizz Air direct
LOT Polish Airlines 1 stop
Wizz Air (W6)
Wizz Air is a Hungarian low cost airline with attractive low prices that offers services from London Luton to Budapest, Warsaw, Kiev, and Bucharest, among others. Outside of Europe, Wizz Air offers cheap flights to Dubai, Israel, Turkey and Georgia. Operating in a similar way to Ryanair, Wizz Air services smaller, secondary airports to be able to reduce their costs and ticket fares.
- IATA code: W6
- Number of serviced cities: 97
- Main hub: Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport (BUD)
- Alliance: ELFAA (European Low Fares Airline Assoc.)
- Fleet: 53
History of Wizz Air
The idea of the first low-cost airline to operate out of Hungary was conceived in June of 2003 by a group of six people. In only three months, the airline was ready to fly. On May of 2004, the airlines first cheap flights to Katowice took off from Budapest. Today Wizz Air operates from 11 bases in the surrounding region of Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, and Czech Republic. In their first year of operation Wizz Air carried almost 1.4m passengers. Wizz Air offers a simple service which includes ticket-less travel, using the services of smaller, secondary airports, single-class aircrafts with leather seats, no arranged seating system, and catering on demand for an extra payment. Their aircrafts seat 180 passengers.
Travel with Wizz Air: practical information
- Meals: Offered is the possibility of purchasing drinks and snacks including croissants, coffee, long drinks, sandwiches, etc.
- Entertainment: Bring your own reading material or electronic devices.
- Cabin: 1 piece per passenger weighing a maximum of 10kg and be no larger than 42 x 32 x 25cm. In addition one may carry a coat, reading material, etc.
- Checked: All baggage is subject to a fee per bag and per passenger. Pay online to receive a discounted price as the airport fees to check baggage are hefty.
- Excess: 0-5kg is €5/€75 at the airport, 5-10kg is €30 online/€150 at the airport, 10-20kg is €80 online/€300 at the airport, 20-35kg is €140 online/€525 at the airport.
Discounts and Special Offers
Infants can travel at the fixed rate of €25 on the laps of their accompanying adults.
|Telephone:||0904 475 9500 (65p/min)|
|Departure cities:||London, Budapest, Beauvais, Tirana, Heraklion|
Hurry: for today only, low cost airline Wizz Air is offering 20% off ALL flights to ALL destinations!
For today only, you can take a further 20% off flights to and from the UK with Wizz Air!
Want to avoid paying extra fees on your next flight? Then it's time to learn how to travel with hand luggage only. Here are our top tips!
You’ve been meaning to go for ages. You’ve heard of the spicy goulash, the palinka that hits the spot, Tokaj’s fine wines and the soothing and luxurious baths in Budapest. Go for it, fly London to Budapest for £93 (return, tax incl) in February. Valentine’s Day is around the corner. If you care, or care … Continued
Tired of paying airport luggage fees? There's more to it than just packing light. Here are three tips for saving on luggage fees.
Wizz Air becomes the lowest of the low cost, introducing a new carry-on luggage scheme that will set passengers back an additional 10 Euros at the airport if their bags aren't small enough.
The last post in our Euro 2012 series, we finish our football tour in Poland with Gdansk. Last but not least, beautiful Gdansk is ready to welcome hoards of fans next summer, will you be there? Three-in-one Gdansk is a city where cultures come together. The city centre has seen the likes and influences from … Continued